Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pick Your Reason

When your friends can't explain why they voted for Democrats, give them this list. They can then pick a reason .

10. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

9. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

8. I voted Democrat because Freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

7. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

6. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

5. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies through abortion so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

4. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.

3. I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the democrats see fit.

2. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

1. I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my butt that it is unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.

I'll keep my Freedom, my God and my Guns... You keep the Change...
:D

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
A few lefties on here would probably need to pick #1 if they are honest with themselves. :laughing:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Pick Your Reason

When your friends can't explain why they voted for Democrats, give them this list. They can then pick a reason .

10. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

9. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

8. I voted Democrat because Freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

7. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

6. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

5. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies through abortion so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

4. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.

3. I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the democrats see fit.

2. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

1. I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my butt that it is unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.

I'll keep my Freedom, my God and my Guns... You keep the Change...
:D
Sounds like a no-brainer to me! :laughing::thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
A few lefties on here would probably need to pick #1 if they are honest with themselves. :laughing:
I simply substituted Democrat for Bush & Cheney & neocons and anything right-wing and of course I got a ...

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I simply substituted Democrat for Bush & Cheney & neocons and anything right-wing and of course I got a ...

Yep that pretty much sums up #1...:rolling::rolling::rolling:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
kinda, there was numerous attempts to practically ban them, especially for home defense- but the people spoke and the bills died in congress. the main gun rights victories have come int he courts, not from the white house. individual citizens standing up for their rights, not the prez.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Again with the gunz......:crazy:

This administration expanded gun rights.:huh:
President Obama instructed his administration to expand gun rights ?

This I have to see. Other then here and you... any idea where I can find this tasty morsel ? Google popped up with a laughing Google logo when I typed in the entry and hit search.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I Voted Democratic because that’s what I wanted to do.

That’s all the explanation I will ever need and will ever give.

Critics can do one of two things, deal with it or not.

Welcome to 2010

:cheers:

·
Registered
7,277 Posts

Welcome to 2010

This is a freedom afforded to you by the Founding Fathers (when drafting the Constitution who based the entire premise of the Constitution on wise men should rule) so I'm a little baffled as to why you would inject this *common sense* into this thread more suggestive of ...

*You're either with us or against us*

~ Bush to the American people sometime during the Iraq War

·
Registered
12,410 Posts

Welcome to 2010

Like I said, a 'no-brainer'! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
*You're either with us or against us*

~ Bush to the American people sometime during the Iraq War
You make it so easy ...

Wrong on two counts.

Bush was speaking to other countries, not the American people.

He said it long before the Iraq war (reported on by CNN on 6 November 2001, which is shortly after 9/11 and long before Iraq).

Bush was speaking about the war on terrorism in general terms, and this CNN source makes that clear.

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/11/06/gen.attack.on.terror/

Thanks for playing! :laughing:

Steven

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
You make it so easy ...

Wrong on two counts.

Bush was speaking to other countries, not the American people.

He said it long before the Iraq war (reported on by CNN on 6 November 2001, which is shortly after 9/11 and long before Iraq).

Bush was speaking about the war on terrorism in general terms, and this CNN source makes that clear.

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/11/06/gen.attack.on.terror/

Thanks for playing! :laughing:

Steven

Bush stated this before his speech at the U.N. in drumming up support for the impending invasion of Iraq ...

You're either with us, or against us

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You're_either_with_us,_or_against_us

The phrase "you're either with us, or against us" and similar variations are used to depict situations as being polarized and to force witnesses and bystanders to become allies or lose favor.

The implied consequence of not joining the team effort is to be deemed an enemy.

The statement can sometimes be interpreted as a splitting or a false dilemma, which is an informal fallacy; however, it may also serve merely as a descriptive statement identifying the beliefs of the speaker(s), and thus state a basic assumption and not a logical conclusion.

It may also be interpreted as a speech act.

Some see the statement as a way of persuading others to choose sides in a conflict which does not afford the luxury of neutrality.
Only when there is absolutely no middle ground or additional alternatives does the phrase hold validity as a logical conclusion.

The phrases are a form of argumentation.

Goes to the *nature* of this OP so I stand by my contention ...

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
You need to add #11.....My mommy told me to or I can't live in her basement any more:laughing:

You need to add #12.....I had to, I have applied for a government job :crazy:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
You need to add #11.....My mommy told me to or I can't live in her basement any more:laughing:

You need to add #12.....I had to, I have applied for a government job :crazy:
World getting Smaller and Smaller and Smaller. :D

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Misquoted :laughing:
This thread reminds me of yesterdays dressing down of Snooki by the judge ...

He told her that her behavior was the same as Lohans and that she needs to check herself from here on out ...

(it should be noted that the judge was a white *old neocon looking dude* and Snooki of course is a young, albeit heffalump, dark skinned Italian .. )

So, you ask ?

Oh, all Dems are the same because right-wingers say so based on a plethora of their belief(s) system(s) ...

:crazy:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts