Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres what i got 1989 L98
bore 30 0ver flat top pistons
cam out of a zz4 crate engin (was told they work well with tune ports)
a agustable fuel reg
and it was blanance before I built it

now my problem is it dont move like i would like it to it is slugeish off the line
and when you hit passing gear it just donest throw you in the seat like i think it should I have thought about gears not to sure what to go with did i build the wrong combo or do i need to throw more money and start over again??
tell me what you think

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
The more aggressive the cam, the more aggressive rear gear you need to feel the benefit of the extra lift and duration. If the cam is aggressive and you are still running the stock gears (89 auto had like 2.89 gears or something like that outback)...it is going to be a dog with that extra amount of cam.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
The more aggressive the cam, the more aggressive rear gear you need to feel the benefit of the extra lift and duration. If the cam is aggressive and you are still running the stock gears (89 auto had like 2.89 gears or something like that outback)...it is going to be a dog with that extra amount of cam.

:agree:

You need to move from the stock rear gear to either 3.54:1 or 3.73:1.

Steven

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking about that

thought about 3.73 rear gears will that kill to much of my top end??
around where i live the mustage boys are nuts and i want to kill them all
so far they cant catch my vet and i want to keep it that way

·
Registered
136 Posts
thought about 3.73 rear gears will that kill to much of my top end??
around where i live the mustage boys are nuts and i want to kill them all
so far they cant catch my vet and i want to keep it that way
I have 3.73 in mine and I am not crazy so I haven't reached my top end. Hell, I need to get wider tires so I can play with the go pedal in gears 1-4 without burning off the tires:laughing:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts