Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have spent the last few months rebuilding all the driveline, suspension and steering in my 81' that was a little neglected by its previous owner and I about a month away from putting my LS1 engine in.

I would like to remove the air conditioning from my future setup as I have never really used it in previous cars I have owned. I have done some searches on the forum but haven't found anything in regards to what I need to do to the box that has the AC/heater core in it to make it heater/air only.

Can anyone that has removed their AC share any links/photos as to what they did to their setup?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
JUST finished up tearing mine out and fabbing a new box where the AC used to be.

The AC delete box is nice but I don't have 160 bucks to spend on it. IMG00424-20101116-1517.jpg

Picture shows what I did, but not quite finished.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
JUST finished up tearing mine out and fabbing a new box where the AC used to be.

The AC delete box is nice but I don't have 160 bucks to spend on it. View attachment 1394

Picture shows what I did, but not quite finished.

I did about the same when I removed mine, except mine is thinner and I kept it closer to the firewall. Can't find a picture of it right now. Made mine out of sheet aluminum.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I did about the same when I removed mine, except mine is thinner and I kept it closer to the firewall. Can't find a picture of it right now. Made mine out of sheet aluminum.

:agree: I made mine out of a Chrysler TF727 transmission pan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts