Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Im just going to go with Jay Leno's advice, It's a chevy, You can fix it with a hammer :laughing:

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Im just going to go with Jay Leno's advice, It's a chevy, You can fix it with a hammer :laughing:
:agree:

If all else fails get a bigger hammer.

If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
:agree:

If all else fails get a bigger hammer.

If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway.
:rolling:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Grumpy is correct; The most important tool in the shop is not a tangible object, it is the skill of the mechanic behind the hard tools. With out the skill everything else is so much scrap.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
All I get when I try these two links is
Sorry
Invalid Link

This is an invalid link.
Otherwise nice info for guys that learning and havent collected tools and experience for the past 30yrs. Very nice of you to write it all out like this. :thumbsup:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,477 Posts
All I get when I try these two links is

:
Bad links. It was from Sears about 2 years ago. Probably not available anymore

·
Super Moderator
8,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Bad links. It was from Sears about 2 years ago. Probably not available anymore
your correct, the links were for mid range starter tool sets similar to this

http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/craftsman-industrial-164-pc-mechanics-tool-set-29795-p-18519.aspx?cid=BINGSHOP

http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/craftsman-140-pc-metric-mechanics-tool-set-9-33941-p-18745.aspx?cid=BINGSHOP

keep in mind a basic starter mechanics tool kit is just that, it will take you some time to buy the accessory tools like gear pullers and valve compressors, dial calipers, micrometers, and acetylene torch, engine stand, engine crane, engine leveler,mechanics creeper, several 12 ton jack stands, floor jack, etc, that every engine builder needs, look around on my personal site, that I built as a reference source to help you guys out, theres a ton of related info

·
Registered
3 Posts
The single most important tool in your garage (or pocket) is either a checkbook with a large balance or a credit card with a high limit...! :thumbsup:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts