Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I just weighed my stock 87 wheels w/o tires and they all came in at 24.5 lbs., including the one 9 incher. I figured the 9 "er would weigh more since it's slightly bigger but it didn't. I guess that by going to 8" wheels all around would save you squat if your looking for ways to lose weight like myself.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,516 Posts
How do you end up with one 9" wheel?

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Torch Red 2K said:
How do you end up with one 9" wheel?
:laughing: That's a good question.

I found out my car was in an accident in the past. I'm not sure if it was from the way the car was put back together or if it was from the factory but when I have all 8" wheels on, the right side rear is tucked in the fender farther than the left rear. With the 9" on the right, it made it look even on both sides. The other oddity about my car is when I bought it it had steel drive and half shafts I think only 1990 ZR1's had the steel shafts, another don't know if it was installed at the factory like that (the ZR1 was in it's infancy back then) or put in there after the accident.

I took pics of both rear wheels today to show how lopsided my rear looks. Hopefully I can get the roll developed tomorrow and I can post 'em here.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
damn strange things your finding out about the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts