Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front axle weighed 1760lbs
The rear wouldn't register so I managed to get all four tires on the scale and it weighed 3340lbs total.
So, subtract me @ 220, and the Z weighs 3120lbs.:partyon: Not to mention I have a sub and 2 amps in the rear.;)

·
Registered
403 Posts
The front axle weighed 1760lbs
The rear wouldn't register so I managed to get all four tires on the scale and it weighed 3340lbs total.
So, subtract me @ 220, and the Z weighs 3120lbs.:partyon: Not to mention I have a sub and 2 amps in the rear.;)
what do you think the amps and sub weigh?

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The amps are mounted on a particle board partition that I made and it weighs ~29lbs.
The sub is mounted to a particle board cover for the rear "hole", and it weighs ~27lbs.
-56lbs and the car weighs ~3064lbs

To me that seems light for a factory Z.
I've never autoX'ed or taken my car to the strip so it's not like I'm looking to shave weight. I was just curious. :laughing: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Where can you go to have your car weighed?
You can actually go to any truck stop and pay a few dollars to have it weighed. In the military, when we move from base to base, we weigh our vehicles empty and then full of our stuff and uncle sam pays us for the weight difference and they tell you to go to truck stop weigh stations to do it. You get a few hundred dollars for moving yourself, so its not a bad deal.

My C6 weighed 3295 pounds without anyone in it and a half tank of gas.

Mike:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where can you go to have your car weighed?
I work at a trucking company in Springfield, but I imagine any truck stop would let you.:thumbsup:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,545 Posts
You can also look at the agricultural side too. Grain elevators, seed sellers, etc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts