Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took out the best engine award today at our annual club show here in Oz which I certainly didn't expect. Thought I'd share a pic or two.

Bob

·
Registered
990 Posts
Grrrrrrrrreat looking ride, congrats to you. Very deserving:cheers:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Great job. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Wow! that looks great. Nice and clean do you transport the ramps in the car or do you trailer all of that?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The ramps etc get carried in another car while I drive the Vette to the shows. There was some unexpected and rather hurried cleaning once we got there after blowing a radiator hose on the way. :(

·
Registered
84 Posts
were did you get the strut brace for the front ?
I noticed you have two different kinds of rad hoses did a braded hose blow?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
clar2001...I made my own version of the front strut brace based on the "production" ones that are out there, but with the design altered a little to hopefully give a better result.
The hose that "blew" was the same as the bottom one. A convoluted steel hose. It actually 'slipped' off the radiator neck rather than blowing as such. With the way the electric fan sender unit mounts to the upper rad. neck it's difficult to make this new hose stay in place tho I'm working on it.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Guys didn't I tell you Brutus was a great fabricator? I am quit familiar with his skills and they impress me alot.
He inspired me to build a spreader bar also this winter and you should see his 6 link rear suspension.
But he does drive on the wrong side of the road:laughing: :laughing:
Nice engine compartment Brutus and nice undercarriage. The ramps are new to me.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Burnout...The motor is at present in a fairly mild state of tune, but I have a 383 waiting in the wings plus a set of new AFR alloy heads sitting under my bench waiting for the right moment.

I just d/l a few more pics of my car at the show for anyone who's interested. Here's one.

Bob

·
Premium Member
9,731 Posts
That looks just like my engine!

Except yours is much cleaner and the sparkplug wires are neater.

The valve covers are identical. Your motor is the only other one I have seen that have the same covers.

Congratulations on the award!
Looks like you worked hard for it.

Bill

1 - 20 of 21 Posts