Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
I'm sure it's true. You are talking about a country with millions and millions of people.

Some foreign country, despite their best intentions, can't just invade and everyone goes "cool, welcome".

They didn't have access to the western media to know how bad they really had it. I'd be surprised if less than 50% of Iraqi's didn't want the USA there.

My 2 cents..... :lookinup:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Let's not forget that it was fairly well publicized that "foreigners" namely Muslim extermists were they Syrians? also migrated to Iraq specifically to raise hell and do suicide bombings. I think it would be a safe bet that those folks are involved here. They fit right in looks wise.

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn, it might be true. I checked CNN and didn't see this clip of cheering but if I was there it would have been video of me emptying my clip!

I heard last night that there were documents found that were dated 2 months before the war. Those documents said to raise holy hell on coalition forces after the regime falls. Now the U.S. is starting to classify this as guerrila warfare. If I saw Iraqis cheering and I knew all of this, I'd be over for them. It seems that it's mainly the Sadaam's people in the triangle (I forgot the name they gave it) and most of the Iraqi's in the far north/south are happy to have us.

Also I heard that the days of 1 year tours might be back. They said there hasn't been any long tours since Vietnam. We are dealing with so much crap across the world that I would'nt doubt the draft will be re-instated too. I wish our men and women over there the BEST, stay safe and have a safe trip home.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
i'd like to see the percentage the US fighting force that we sent into action in Iraq....

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
War Machine said:
Damn, it might be true. I checked CNN and didn't see this clip of cheering but if I was there it would have been video of me emptying my clip!

I heard last night that there were documents found that were dated 2 months before the war. Those documents said to raise holy hell on coalition forces after the regime falls. Now the U.S. is starting to classify this as guerrila warfare. If I saw Iraqis cheering and I knew all of this, I'd be over for them. It seems that it's mainly the Sadaam's people in the triangle (I forgot the name they gave it) and most of the Iraqi's in the far north/south are happy to have us.

Also I heard that the days of 1 year tours might be back. They said there hasn't been any long tours since Vietnam. We are dealing with so much crap across the world that I would'nt doubt the draft will be re-instated too. I wish our men and women over there the BEST, stay safe and have a safe trip home.
I seriously doubt the draft will be re-instated. We fight war differently now by using precision bombing and other high-tech weaponry. We need significantly fewer troops now to fight a war now.

·
Registered
333 Posts
NUKE THE PLACE ! MAKE IT A BIG PIECE OF GLASS

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Punk Boy said:
i'd like to see the percentage the US fighting force that we sent into action in Iraq....
Patrick96LT4 said:
I seriously doubt the draft will be re-instated. We fight war differently now by using precision bombing and other high-tech weaponry. We need significantly fewer troops now to fight a war now.
We just can't go to war with someone by launching a bunch of missles and leave. We still need troops in the area. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think we have just over 2 million troops. 1/8 of that is in the Pesian Gulf fighting 1 country and band of lunatics. We still have yet to deal with N.Korea, Iran and Syria and we aren't close to being done with Afghanistan and Iraq. I would'nt feel so uptight about if if I didn't hear our boys bitching about the stay. These 18-19 year olds better get used to a "change in plan". Every company I've worked for always made a change in plans and I don't see why the military should be any different.

johnnyvettes,

Your idea IS a plan to launch and leave. :laughing:

But come back later to mine for glow in the dark glass. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts