Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I found the problem to my idling woes. The MAP sensor has a little seal on the input of it. This little seal had a cut in it. As soon as I tried to reinsert about 1/4 of the top of the seal ripped off. When I did try to put it back in, It moved/rocked around. I'm pretty sure this is where the problems started from. That and I never put the hose clamps on the housing either. I put the hose from the brake booster on, but never clamped it down. I can only get the seal if I buy the whole sensor, so I did. Mine works perfectly fine, though. I may take seal off new and return the old one, not sure. May eat the $50+ for a frigging seal. Will update tonight.

Josh

·
Registered
169 Posts
I can only get the seal if I buy the whole sensor, so I did. Mine works perfectly fine, though. I may take seal off new and return the old one, (read: theft and fraud) not sure. May eat the $50+ for a frigging seal. Will update tonight.

Josh

Hope you are just kiddding :surprised

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hope you are just kiddding :surprised
Nope, What sucks worse is it didn't even come in today. He will have to get with his manager to get to the bottom of it.

Josh

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I may have fixed it. The part never came in and since I was running out of time I used gasket maker to create an air tight seal around the sensor and hopefully "glue" it down to the mounting bracket. I also noticed that the brake hose from the booster was on the MAP sensor, but the clamp was not engaged it was about 4" down the hose. I tightened that up and did the seal. After I charged the battery it started up and idled immediately. No problems driving to work either. Except once, when it dropped to 500 or so and I tapped the gas. It caught then. I think it would have caught itself, but not taking any chances.

One question though:

What is that little hose that plugs into the bottom of the MAP sensor? I think that may have come loose as well.

Thanks,

Josh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts