Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

I got one other problem with the car. All the smoke has stopped. I looked up the idle relearn procedure and got 7mi. During the first half of the procedure the car actually started idling after the 5 minutes were over. I shut it off for 30 seconds and then restarted to take the 30mi drive. After 7 mi the rockers were coming loose. I'm going to retighten them and try again.

Any clues on to why it wont hold an idle?

Thanks,

Josh

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has to be tuned.
That is going to happen tomorrow. I'm just not sure if I want to drive it over there. It's about 65mi from here.

I didn't use thread lock on the rocker studs. I had major preload on 4 cylinders and 2 cylinders had it on both valves. Do you think this could have something to do with it?

Josh

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
That is going to happen tomorrow. I'm just not sure if I want to drive it over there. It's about 65mi from here.

I didn't use thread lock on the rocker studs. I had major preload on 4 cylinders and 2 cylinders had it on both valves. Do you think this could have something to do with it?

Josh
You should rotate the crank to release the preload. I bumped the engine over with the starter when i did mine. You're also going to hear a lot of piston slap and valvetrain noise with the headers.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should rotate the crank to release the preload. I bumped the engine over with the starter when i did mine. You're also going to hear a lot of piston slap and valvetrain noise with the headers.
I was about to retorque, then it started raining. I will do this work and check back in.

Josh

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got 2 codes, but it idles on its own. I got P0300(misfire) and P0106(????). I know what is going on with the misfire. When I find out what P0106 is then I'll re-assess. I will be posting up a video in the Cam swap thread.

Josh

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Got 2 codes, but it idles on its own. I got P0300(misfire) and P0106(????). I know what is going on with the misfire. When I find out what P0106 is then I'll re-assess. I will be posting up a video in the Cam swap thread.

Josh
Map sensor code. Check the connection to the Map sensor located on the back of the Manifold.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I did a little google search and it pointed to MAP. I will check that and it should be good to drive over. It was running fine until that code came up then it started to stall and eventually shut off.

Josh

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To no avail. The MAP sensor is plugged in with the 2 hoses and 1 plug. Everything feels good. Still wont idle. It tries real hard, but nope. Not sure how I'm going to get there tomorrow.

Josh

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Can you hear a Vacumm leak anywhere? Use some Carb cleaner to spray around the intake and the map sensor to see if there is a leak. Idle will pick up if there is.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm going to call RevXtreme tomorrow and see what they think I should do. I think I'm going to have it flat bedded over to their shop and get it done. I think the rockers wont stay loose and I'm not sure how to do it. I'll let Kyle take care of it. Then Ryan can tune all the stuff out and get it running on point. It will be fixed when it leaves there.

I have no leaks. Battery seems to be doing a lot better now. It wouldn't hold a charge in the beginning, but after I've driven it around a little bit it seems to be doing fine. My cooling system is doing good too. It was starting to get hot, then bam, came down. Besides the Map and misfire and exhaust being crooked now, it seems great.:partyon: :devil:

Josh

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Cool. There's nothing better than a cammed and tuned Z Bro, cept for one with a SC :devil:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool. There's nothing better than a cammed and tuned Z Bro, cept for one with a SC :devil:
Haha, yep. The only problem with that is I'm leaning towards turbos in a few years. Blow off valves are almost equal to the WHINE, lol.

We'll see when I have a real job. Maybe I can engineer up my own system. I am getting a degree in mechanical engineering, SO....

Josh

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Haha, yep. The only problem with that is I'm leaning towards turbos in a few years. Blow off valves are almost equal to the WHINE, lol.

We'll see when I have a real job. Maybe I can engineer up my own system. I am getting a degree in mechanical engineering, SO....

Josh

Flux Capacitor Bro :partyon:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts