Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m sure a lot of conservatives won’t watch this documentary simply because of the director or because or what they don't want to hear … but if there are a few who are open minded enough, I think they will come away with some knowledge.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/aug/23/entertainment/la-et-creek-dont-rise-20100823

In "If God Is Willing and Da Creek Don't Rise," airing Monday and Tuesday on HBO, Spike Lee returns to New Orleans, the scene of his post-Katrina documentary "When the Levees Broke" to assess what might be called the damage being done by the recovery. He also assesses the actual recovery, the illusory recovery, the psychological recovery, and the assault on the recovery that is the BP oil spill — an unfortunate and unavoidable late addition that, though not specifically related to Katrina or the following flood, fits his larger themes of class war and bad luck and enlarges his portrait of a land that can seem beleaguered by God or cursed through voodoo but which most definitely shows the scars of human mismanagement, corruption and greed. (Lee brings in the Haitian earthquake, as well.)

start the flaming ... :laughing:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Your right. I won't watch it.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Documentaries are accounts directly from the views of individuals. I didn't expect extertainment ... because of that.

If you don’t like or don’t agree of their views, then that fine, but chances are, they were there and you where not.

Also, the show is rather long (4 hours) … and I suggest you DVR it, because I know I have the attention span of a house cat.

:cheers:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Documentaries are accounts directly from the views of individuals. I didn't expect extertainment ... because of that.
-And they are never ever edited in an attempt to more closely portray the ideology of the individual creating the documentary ? Michael Moore ? Both Bush documentaries ?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
-And they are never ever edited in an attempt to more closely portray the ideology of the individual creating the documentary ? Michael Moore ? Both Bush documentaries ?

Ok therefore you have all the information you need to be a critic … good Job.

Enjoy your workout ... ;)

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Factually correct... at the minimum.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Factually correct... at the minimum.
If you actually watched the documentary, you’d see some good-old Republican Values being exercised. But because you know everything already, I’m sure you’d be able to tell everyone what those were.

We’re waiting ... tell us oh wise one. :laughing:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
you’d see some good-old Republican Values being exercised
This very statement shows how correct I was. Was it republicans fault, alone ? ...no democrat error-ed in any way ? I believe we both know the answer to that... or did the documentary not answer this for you ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts