Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I was wiping the vette today and to my suprise there it was. One of my rims had suffered from a terrible accident. CURBRASH!!! I have heard that the remedy to problems such as this one is the use of light sandpaper. I have chrome rims with a polished lip. Does anyone have any experience with this. Help please!!!

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
I have first hand experience!:lookinup:

You're in luck, the best part about a polished lip is that it can be polished out (if you had chrome lips you'd have a bigger mess).

I about cried when I curbed one of my brand new (expensive) iForged, I thought I was screwed. Took it to a reputable polisher, and I'm telling you YOU CAN'T TELL IT EVER HAPPENED! Honestly, good as new, no sign whatsoever of the damage.

I was amazed, cost me $75, and they were done same day. Seriously, good as new. Look around for a decent wheel polishing shop, not that big a deal:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Hey guys. I was wiping the vette today and to my suprise there it was. One of my rims had suffered from a terrible accident. CURBRASH!!! I have heard that the remedy to problems such as this one is the use of light sandpaper. I have chrome rims with a polished lip. Does anyone have any experience with this. Help please!!!
If it's the polished lip, and there is no clear coat on the polished lip, you can generally make it look 80% better by sanding with a REALLY fine grade (aluminum is soft), then polishing. I had some half-way-around curb rash on my current C5 z06 wheels. So, I was at the shop and saw the little disk sander air tool and went to town just for grins. It was a mild sanding disk and it got the rash baby smooth in no time flat. But, these are track wheels, so I'd take it a little slower with yours.

Or, have a pro do it for best results.

:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts

You're in luck, the best part about a polished lip is that it can be polished out (if you had chrome lips you'd have a bigger mess).

I about cried when I curbed one of my brand new (expensive) iForged, I thought I was screwed. Took it to a reputable polisher, and I'm telling you YOU CAN'T TELL IT EVER HAPPENED! Seriously, good as new, no sign whatsoever of the damage.

I was amazed, cost me $75, and they were done same day. Honestly, good as new. Look around for a decent wheel polishing shop, not that big a deal:thumbsup:
You scraped one of those bitchin' new rollers?:surprised

·
9,389 Posts
You scraped one of those bitchin' new rollers?:surprised

Yeah, that was an attitude tester:laughing: , damn bank parking lot, the same day we picked up Dawn's shark! But if I hadn't told you' you'd never know. Back to new:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts

I about cried when I curbed one of my brand new (expensive) iForged, I thought I was screwed. Took it to a reputable polisher, and I'm telling you YOU CAN'T TELL IT EVER HAPPENED! Honestly, good as new, no sign whatsoever of the damage.

I was amazed, cost me $75, and they were done same day. Seriously, good as new. Look around for a decent wheel polishing shop, not that big a deal:thumbsup:
:agree: I saw his wheel before and after and the rash was BAD! You can't pick out the spot now though. Don't sweat it can be fixed to perfection.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, that was an attitude tester:laughing: , damn bank parking lot, the same day we picked up Dawn's shark! But if I hadn't told you' you'd never know. Back to new:thumbsup:
Thanks guys, I was sweating bullets!! Now I just need to find a polishing shop in the Chicagoland Area.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I agree with everyone above, but how did you not know your vette was driven over or next to a concrete curb?

·
9,389 Posts
I agree with everyone above, but how did you not know your vette was driven over or next to a concrete curb?
Don't ask:laughing:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Dude, I rashed mine at the bank too. I was leaving the drive up lane and was steering with my knee. Concrete curbs... :thud:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dude, I rashed mine at the bank too. I was leaving the drive up lane and was steering with my knee. Concrete curbs... :thud:
I don't recall hitting anything. Must have been a pothole or something. Streets of Chicago.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,527 Posts
Don't think Chicago has the market cornered on the potholes. Nashville is horrible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts