Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I burned my Edelbrock Proflo ignition box up somehow as I have no coil spark. Rather than spending the money on a replacement, I think I could upgrade the box for the same money. It's for a 427 sbc, solid roller cam, 10.5:1 compression motor with an upgraded speed density efi setup. HEI style distr/cap(converted to hall effect).

A guy I know has an MSD 6A box for sale that is working and I don't need the rev limiter. What's it worth and is it a decent setup? How does the dual spark setup effect a timing light?

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
You'll not see any difference on the timing light. It'll catch the first spark and trigger from that. And really there are not multiple spark events, just the Capacitive discharge makes the entire spark event last a tad longer.

will it work with your system? no idea on that, but since yours is broke anyway, what have you got to lose? IS your EFI system setup to trigger the injectors from the module? Maybe a bad module and the ProFlo box is ok? Or maybe the pickup coil in the dizzy gave up? Just some stuff to think about.

:cheers:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts