Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I finally traded in my gas guzzling 2005 Silverado for a sleek sweet, Atomic Orange 2007 Corvette Coupe. It's a beauty and I can't wait to get out and enjoy it! I've spent more time cleaning and detailing it...than cleaning the house...I'm surprised my husband doesn't think I'm crazy.
It's been 2 weeks and I'm already looking for under the hood goodies and new drilled rotors. Anyone have any ideas on the best online place to by drilled rotors, pads and steel braided lines.
It's an LS2, 3LT, chrome wheels and a 6-speed (the only way to go...). Pics will be coming as soon as I add a few extras!

Thanks Jackie

·
Only green will do...
18,391 Posts
congratulations on your new purchase it should be about even in MPG between your truck and vette wishing you good driving:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I don't think Chuck has driven a Silverado very much. I think you will find at least 10 mpg increase. any way congrats on the new ride. Check out our supporting venders online stores, there all great people.

Oh and Welcome to DC...

·
Only green will do...
18,391 Posts
I figured since the vette and the silverado have big engines that it would be the same so i stand corrected thanks for info:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I figured since the Vette and the silverado have big engines that it would be the same so i stand corrected thanks for info:thumbsup:

Not correcting you chuck just being friendly. It will blow your mind that my 505 hp Z06 gets 25 mpg and thats a 427ci. But the 400 ci 360 hp Silverado gets 15 to 17. Its a weight aerodynamic thing. the truck is like trying to push a heavy brick through the air. While the Vette is like a paper airplane.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Jackie :buhbye:

Welcome to DC. Sounds like a Reeeeeeaaaalllll nice car especially that color !!!!!!!!;)

·
Registered
645 Posts
Hey Man welcome to DC.:partyon: This is an excellent website to answer any upcoming question you may have. My C6 with the cruse on averages 29 mpg on the highway. Your in for a real fun time :thumbsup: Enjoy

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Welcome aboard. Enjoy !!!! :cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts