Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been trying to keep up with the new corvette rumor reads, but im confused. Is the blue devil the new Z06 variant? or are we getting a Z06 in 06...with a 4th vette (blue devil) that only very few people can afford? Now I read the new z06 is $60-70k? Then another one at $100k? doesnt make sense to me. Its nice, but I do think the fact the vette is so affordable is why its so successful. I know thats why i own one.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
no_fate said:
Ive been trying to keep up with the new corvette rumor reads, but im confused. Is the blue devil the new Z06 variant? or are we getting a Z06 in 06...with a 4th vette (blue devil) that only very few people can afford? Now I read the new z06 is $60-70k? Then another one at $100k? doesnt make sense to me. Its nice, but I do think the fact the vette is so affordable is why its so successful. I know thats why i own one.
The 2006 Z06 is the Z06.

The "blue devil" is an exotic super-high performance Vette far beyond the Z06 capability. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah ok, thanks for the clarification.

so we know the Z06 is def coming back (not necessarily with that name) and the blue devil isn't anything concrete: just a protoype that might never go to production? man i better stay single LOL

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
no_fate said:

so we know the Z06 is def coming back (not necessarily with that name) and the blue devil isn't anything concrete: just a protoype that might never go to production? man i better stay single LOL
you are correct

·
Registered
26 Posts
no_fate said:

According to Dave Hill it WILL be called z06 , and the c6 z06 will be a greater departure from the coupe c6, then the c5 z06 was to the c5 coupe, It has been said straight from gm that it will be 4 inches wider :surprised :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
03z06vette said:
According to Dave Hill it WILL be called z06 , and the c6 z06 will be a greater departure from the coupe c6, then the c5 z06 was to the c5 coupe, It has been said straight from gm that it will be 4 inches wider :surprised :thumbsup:
Never heard that before. Got a link?

The reason I am asking is that the white boat-shop pics had a rear fender-flare, much like the 96 GS.

Now, if what you say is accurate... maybe we saw the Z06 mockup?

:huh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts