Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,
at the moment i have a ported super ram!
i have a L98 vette with a 6 speed manual and 3.45 rear end dana 44!
any how i want to change intakes and was considering either the stealth ram or mini ram!
but most likely the mini ram being i wont have to worry/hassles of modifying it to suit and fit ok as appose to the stealth ram!
really is there much difference between the two in performance and runner length?
i would like to hear comments please from all the mini ram owners of there good or bad expeierences with the mini ram intake please!
i know that if i do get a mini ram that i will upgrade to 4.10 gears for starters!
this should help get back some low end i guess.
is it true that i will loose alot of low-mid range power and torque or not please withy the mini ram on?
im hoping that is not true and the case!!!!
in the futre im upgrading to afr 195 cc ported heads and a comp cam hyd roller cam 268 xfi with the following specs,rpm range from 1,800 rpm -5,800 rpm, gross lift int=.570,exh=.565 using 1.6 ratio roller rockers,duration tappet lift =268 int,276 exh,
113 degree lobe sep,duration @ .050" is 218 int, 224 exhaust
so yeah i would love to hear your info/specs -experiences with the mini ram please!
thanks alot guys
cheers
:thumbsup:

·
Banned
68 Posts
I guess it must be me but the mini ram is just ugly! I like the way the L-98 looks stock. I guess you cant have the best of both worlds by having big power and the stock look.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi there guys,
thanks for the replys!
the reason why i want to take the mini ram off is it is a real pain in the bum to work on as instal/take off!
i would prefer some thing one piece or more simple that is not prown to intake leaks!
so what would be better, mini ram or a modified stealth ram do you reackon please?
cheers
thanks
glen

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
hi there guys,
thanks for the replys!
the reason why i want to take the mini ram off is it is a real pain in the bum to work on as instal/take off!
i would prefer some thing one piece or more simple that is not prown to intake leaks!
so what would be better, mini ram or a modified stealth ram do you reackon please?
cheers
thanks
glen
I'm doing the Stealth ram myself. I bought a highrise hood to fit it I just need to buy one and slam in on there.
In my opinion from reading about the different intakes the miniram robs you of your lower torque which is the strong part of the L-98. That is why I am opting for the Stealth. There are lots of guys that are running a miniram with great results. Jeff being one of them. You need to decide what you want from your engine and go from there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts