Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

241 - 250 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
The cool looking picture of the LS with the BBC lookalike is actually a Holley mpi setup....look at the sticker on the air cleaner and you can see where the person made an old schools power display sticker state what they have.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
I was looking at another LS swap thread and I thought about something I did during my swap that I may not have documented and wanted to go back and make a note of on this thread as well as my other LS thread for the benefit of someone who may read it later while doing their swap.

I used the original 1972 radiator for my swap...but I had it modified just a bit. I took it to the radiator shop to have it rotted out and while it was there I had them turn the upper hose outlet down. Basically, I wanted my upper hose to run parallel with the top of the radiator so I could use the cold air intake as I did. Just fyi for those of you still working through LS swaps.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Almost a year into driving the C3/LS daily and I still love it!

Just an fyi and a btw...don't use fuel line where transmission line should go. :-o I had made a connection between the factory turbo 350 tranny lines to the radiator with fuel line and clamps...it blew and pumped out 6 quarts of fluid last week. :-o Replaced the line and fluid and I'm off and running again. Learn from my mistake. :)

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Your probably lucky the EPA isn't knocking on your door to recoup environmental cleanup costs. They really get pissy when there is hear tell of any kind of oil spill.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Glad to hear from you and glad you are enjoyin the ride.
Any plans for any upgrades or changes in the future, or are you happy with what ya got?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
Glad to hear from you and glad you are enjoyin the ride.
Any plans for any upgrades or changes in the future, or are you happy with what ya got?
Hey Brent! I'm fairly happy with what I've got and still on a budget...so no major upgrades coming soon. I would like to get the car a little lower than it is right now. I've got to do a little work with the front suspension so I think I'll cut the coils while I'm there...other than that, pretty happy with everything.

Untitled by clemson_tiger29678, on Flickr

·
Registered
8 Posts
well I'm sure it's been said many times before ! but your build deserves as many compliments as it gets !
that being said I myself would like to thank you I love corvette's and most all classic cars no matter what brand name as long as the build is done with class, I have had most in my garage at some time in my life, I have one open spot in my garage and since I have always loved the lines of the C3 Corvette I now know what will share the garage with my 57 chevy 210, I will pick her up this Saturday she is a 73 BB but soon to be a LS project I hope to post as many pictures and dialog as you have, the car is not in great shape but like the 57 it's about the journey ! the time spent with friends in the garage talking about life and telling lie's ha ha
anyways great job and don't be surprised if you get to know my phone # at a glance.
take care
Henry.

241 - 250 of 250 Posts