Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

41 - 60 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Thanks 72LS1Vette! This helps a ton! I've got Josh putting together a complete package for me of everything needed...should have the info by Friday/Monday.

Did you get my e-mail by any chance?
I did. I'll email some links to some albums.

:cheers:

Rick B.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
More wheel talk:

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/pts/2921249384.html

Untitled by clemson_tiger29679, on Flickr

Stock Tire - 285/40R18 Tire 1 - 305/25R20 Search Tires
Section Width: 11.22 in 12.00 in 305 mm
Rim Diameter: 18 in 457.2 mm
Rim Diameter: 20 in 508 mm
Rim Width Range: 9.5 - 11 in
Rim Width Range: 10.5 - 12 in
Overall Diameter: 26.97 in 685.03 mm
Overall Diameter: 26.00 in 660.4 mm
Sidewall Height: 4.48 in 113.79 mm
Sidewall Height: 3.00 in 76.2 mm
Radius: 13.48 in 342.39 mm
Radius: 13.00 in 330.2 mm
Circumference: 84.72 in 2151.8 mm
Circumference: 81.68 in 2074.6 mm

I'm seriously considering these...comparing them to a known size that fits they look very close. Actually smaller diameter but about 3/4" wider. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
So far so good nice work and keep posting. The last mention on the T350 I read was you were not going to use it? I hope not. I have an 81 with a 350 and it runs at 2200 RPM at 65/70 MPH not a lot of fun when you are on a long haul my next move is an over drive....Just my .02

Keep the pics and updates coming!!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Good to see you have picked up a car that is in good sound shape and meets your expectations.

I look forward to seeing your progress.

Riggs

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
So far so good nice work and keep posting. The last mention on the T350 I read was you were not going to use it? I hope not. I have an 81 with a 350 and it runs at 2200 RPM at 65/70 MPH not a lot of fun when you are on a long haul my next move is an over drive....Just my .02

Keep the pics and updates coming!!
I have decided to use the 4L60e! After research I just decided I couldn't deal with the MPG using the T350. :cheers:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Just an update: I'm elbow's deep into this project and staying on budget...so far! Picked-up an LS1, swapping my engine and tranny +$2000 for the LS1 engine and 4L60E. This is below budget, so I've now got $3000 to get it in the car and running...which should be extramly do-able.

Paint and body, including the entire undercarrage and engine bay is going to cost me $3300. The paint guy got the car last Saturday and it will be back to me, ready for the engine on May 1st. Here's a pic of a '64 Impala he did for me...I fully expect the Vette to look just as nice.

110 by clemson_tiger29679, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
You don't fool around when it comes to building a nice car, do you. Good to hear you're on budget with the build.

Riggs

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
You seem to be having way to much fun with this project.
Any work started yet?

Riggs
Having a blast gathering parts! The car is at paint and body and is supposed to be done in a week and a half. From there it's back to me for the drive train install. I've got the LS1 in my shop and plan on getting it 100% cleaned this week and install the water pump (sent it to a local machine shop for rework) and new A/C bracket and compressor. I hope to have the harness back by the weekend as well so the engine will be 100% ready to drop in as soon as the car gets back. I'll get some pics at the body shop later this week...paint guy said it was coming along nicely. Wish I could figure out a way to make a living doing this because it is sooo much fun for me. It's really my true passion!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
At the rate you are moving with the project and the goals you have set forth and to stay in budget as well as you seam to be, You probably could do this for a living.
Sounds like you have every thing under control and on track, you should be driving the car in what, around mid May?

Riggs.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
At the rate you are moving with the project and the goals you have set forth and to stay in budget as well as you seam to be, You probably could do this for a living.
Sounds like you have every thing under control and on track, you should be driving the car in what, around mid May?

Riggs.
My goal is to be driving the car by June 1st...trying to make a large Corvette show here in Myrtle Beach SC on the 1st and 2nd for the cars first show. I've told the paint guy that I need the car back by May 1st, giving me a month to get the drivetrain in and work the kinks out. :)

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Ok, maybe I should change the thread title to "under $21000" as I just totaled everything that I have or intend to buy and I'm at like $19700. The good news is that, while you are never truly done, I think I've got almost everything that I'll need to finish the build. I'm buying used tires and I've got to get the A/C charged, but I'm thinking I've bought most of what I need other than that. I did go with a few frills that I could hav cut back on...new delux door panels at $699 and a new radio at $269 a well as a few other items that I might could have got away with using the old, but the car is going to be too nice not to finish it right. Anyway, more pics to come soon. Here's the latest:

·
Registered
259 Posts
I am totally jealous!

This is a very impressive build.
Very fun when there is this kind of progress...enjoy it.
My painter is taking FOREVER to finish my 67 Impala.
2+ years...
A serious conversation has made him hire somebody to work specifically on my car.

Anyway, what color are you going with?

41 - 60 of 250 Posts