Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I signed up here last year but have never visited here or posted since.

Been a member of the corvetteforum.com for years (as roger55). But I'm signed off permanently after being suspended today. I'll never spend time there again. Seems like the rules have gotten ridiculous and the moderators are cop wannabes. I had been a good member to them over the years. Matter of fact, the body and paint section was created because of me.

Looking forward to this new site and getting to know you all here. I saw some posts where some others joined up here because of being fed up with CF.

I've got a '69 convertible I restored and am doing a restomod on a '55 Chevy Bel Air right now.
Btw, the avatar is not my car. It is inspiration for mine as it is the original color scheme on my car and is what it is going to be painted.

Edit:
CF just permanently banned me. Good riddance.
I was a good member since 2006 until today.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

And sorry for adding the negative note to my kick off posting but, really, I think you guys will find me to be a positive type guy.

Btw, here's my workshop:

Had a some from the local Corvette club come buy one evening:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Welcome and that is a cool garage!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Welcome and that is a cool garage!:thumbsup:
Cool? No my man, that is the most kick ass, most wicked trumps all garages that I've ever seen! :partyon: :partyon: :partyon:

Welcome to the site! You story is pretty much the norm. You are not the first, or the last to join up here for the exact reason that you have stated. I did so also, although I was never banned. I didn't stick around for the hatchet.

Jump in and help out. That's what I did at CF and when I got here, I didn't pause. Any help from your generation is always welcome as your generation's talents are a dying breed. Experience with your generation of cars is always welcome. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Welcome to DC:partyon::partyon:

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi
ima noob,and banned cf member,oh well,didnt like there moderators anyway.I dont see very many pics that i think are all that special but your shop is KILLER and a special pic for sure!

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
hi
ima noob,and banned cf member,oh well,didnt like there moderators anyway.I dont see very many pics that i think are all that special but your shop is KILLER and a special pic for sure!
Welcome to DC. :buhbye:

You should introduce yourself in a new thread. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wasnt lookin for an intro just liked the shop:thumbsup:
Welcome anyway DD. I am honored that your first post was in my thread and a complement to boot. CF must be a little trigger happy with that banning. Uh oh, we must be the new bad boys here.

And thanks all you guys for the complements on my workshop. It's my retirement playhouse. And playing I'm doing. I retired in '08 after 27 years of service with the State of Texas as a Hydrologist. I love being retired. Still seems unreal to me.

I documented the build of my workshop HERE.
Y'all might be interested in that. I started that thread while I was still dreaming and didn't break ground until over a year later.
Be prepared that if you read it, it will take you a while.
And, btw, I made it into a magazine too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome Aboard roger1.
Awesome garage. :buhbye:
Any pics of the interior?
We love pics on this site.
Thanks!
Here's a couple:

This one was right after I finished the epoxy floor and put up the TV:

Here's one earlier this year after I restored the '55 frame and installed the engine/tranny.

Heres the body going back down on the frame a couple of months ago. This is in the end bay which I call my work room or clean room:

If you click on the link in my signature and then go to "New Gas Station Workshop", you can see all the pics I have online for my workshop.

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Welcome to DC Roger!:buhbye:

Now that I got that out of the way...HOLY CRAP your garage is SWEET!:D What I wouldn't give for a set-up like that for our cars.:thud:

Nice!!!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Welcome to DC Roger!:buhbye:

Now that I got that out of the way...HOLY CRAP your garage is SWEET!:D What I wouldn't give for a set-up like that for our cars.:thud:

Nice!!!:thumbsup:
Yea, your new ride would look sweet in that setup! And to think, he actually uses it to do real work! :surprised

I looked at that garage thread. That's going to be quite a read. I'm headed to the bathroom now with my laptop! :D

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Yea, your new ride would look sweet in that setup! And to think, he actually uses it to do real work! :surprised

I looked at that garage thread. That's going to be quite a read. I'm headed to the bathroom now with my laptop! :D
If only I had the space and money for a garage like that.:thud:

Incredible, it really is!:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts