Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the new place today right in the middle of downtown Mokena! :excited:

I got most of my stuff moved out of the apartment now and the computer is one of the next things to go. I'll be back online hopefully by the end of next week.

Later,
John

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
War Machine said:
I got the new place today right in the middle of downtown Mokena! :excited:

I got most of my stuff moved out of the apartment now and the computer is one of the next things to go. I'll be back online hopefully by the end of next week.

Later,
John
See ya soon! :buhbye:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
hey, I'm not far away.......be sure to put some beer in the fridge:cheers: :cheers:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm back online! :D

I knew it was going to take at least a week for the phone service change to the new residence. :rolleyes: My wife decided to go with Comcast digi cable and internet, them guys will be out tomorrow for that. I'll be glad to have that b/c this dial-up is the absolute PITS!!

I have plenty of beer in the fridge! :cheers:

I heard a voice telling me " If you stock it they will come." :thumbsup: :laughing:

Get this, across the street to my front yard is the Metra parking lot. I was thinking there should be plenty of parking for parties and to prove that the next door neighbors had a party last Sunday and they parked about 6 cars in the lot. There's probably 50 spaces over there.:cool:

I'll have to take pics as soon as the unpacking is complete. I never new I had so much crap. I can start a parts store with all the parts I've found for the Vette. :laughing:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Patrick,
You see that house on the left side of the picture? That's about how far I am from the train. :surprised I'm in a pretty decent spot though. I have a building to the left of me on the other side of the street and the station is to the right. You really don't hear the train until is right there in front of the house. The house doesn't even shake or anything from the trains. :cool:

I had the windows open one night last week and at 3:45am a frieght train rolled through haulin' ass. It scared the bejesus outta me! :laughing: :laughing: I found out that is a scheduled run time, every morning except Sunday I think. I'm already used to the trains b/c there is at least 2 every hour. I think the funniest thing I've seen so far is all the people running to their cars when they get off the train and race out of the parking lot. It's akin to lawnmower racing. :laughing:

This is the first morning since the 27th that I'm not overwhelmed with work. Time to kick back and check out the gallery on dial-up hopefully for the last time.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
We used to live by a train track after a month or two you won't even know it's there. We used to have friends come over and they would freak out when they heard the train and be lile what was that? We didn't even notice it anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts