Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Onyx Black said:
I found a plastic bag from a grocery store against my radiator. To this day I have no idea why it didn't overheat. It covered at least 1/3 of the fins.
Yep, that's it!

I not only found the aforementioned plastic bag, but also a small PAPER bag with a aluminum can inside!!! WTF :huh:

The answer to the 64,000 dollar question is "debris"

My wife must have driven my car through a landfill on the way back from the airport Monday. :spanked:

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2393

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Patrick96LT4 said:
.... I check mine every once and while....
I certainly will NOW! I'm interested to find out what the temp gets up to on the way home today. It only got up to 209 this morning (sitting still), but the outside temp was only 85 (at 8:45am, uggh).

·
Registered
63 Posts
PLASTIC BAGS BITE!!!

True story! My father in law comes barreling down the driveway at his usual high rate of speed in his Cavalier......only he this time proceeds to narrowly miss the Vette in the driveway...barrels past the woodpile....onto the lawn....straight by the pool and into the field beyond!!!!!
The culprit?? U guessed it.....Plastic Bag!! It seems that he ran over it...... it wrapped itself onto his rubber brake line apparently getting tighter and tighter until when he applied pressure in the driveway it actually burst the line!!!!

Not a story directly related..... but it sure made him overheat :)

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Re: PLASTIC BAGS BITE!!!

Archiver said:
True story! My father in law comes barreling down the driveway at his usual high rate of speed in his Cavalier......only he this time proceeds to narrowly miss the Vette in the driveway...barrels past the woodpile....onto the lawn....straight by the pool and into the field beyond!!!!!
The culprit?? U guessed it.....Plastic Bag!! It seems that he ran over it...... it wrapped itself onto his rubber brake line apparently getting tighter and tighter until when he applied pressure in the driveway it actually burst the line!!!!

Not a story directly related..... but it sure made him overheat :)
THAT'S HILARIOUS!!! I can visualize this, and I'm laughing my ass off.:cheers:

·
Registered
113 Posts
:( I have been thinking about this. I am really getting tired of unwinding plastic bags from my auxiliary fan. It happens almost weekly. Where can I get a decent mesh material, plastic or aluminum to build a debris screen? How do I fasten it in a way that allows me to service the auxiliary fan if it is needed? Anyone has done it?
Thanks. Mine is an 87 Coupe that acts like a road Hoover.:D :D :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts