Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker, first time poster. I got this car in 2003 then I was still in college with high ambitions for getting it on the road fast; unfortunately, I quickly discovered that it was a lot more expensive than I'd anticipated. Life happened for the next decade and a half as I got married, worked 80 hours per week, put my wife through med school, and had a son. Now, 17 years later I'm finally in a position where it can happen!

1965 396 BB Car. Did not have original engine and the two bolt 396 in it had completely pooped the bed so I picked up a very lightly used ZZ502 in about 2005 and just sent it off several months ago for a little work before we installed. Completely went through it, milled heads/decked block to 11:1, swapped in a relatively aggressive street cam, upgraded valve train, and did a valve job. Butch Smith of smiths automotive machine shop in Frankfort, KY did all of the work and I couldn't be happier. There is a lot of power left in there when we install my EFI system and spend some time tuning it:

Went with Vansteel coilovers at all four corners, offset trailing assemblies, wilwood 14" brakes w/6 piston upfront and 4 piston outback, holley sniper efi, modern driveline tko600 setup with twin disc hydraulic clutch, borgeson box p/s, dakota digital gauges and clock, forgeline grudge wheels with anodized bronze centers, onyx outer, and gloss black inners, ACP/Stahl sidepipe headers, lizard skin heat and sound insulation inside and outside body, and so much more I can't even keep track LoL.

I'm pretty excited to get her on the road. We started the build in January and we're shooting to drive within the next 60 days. I'll upload a ton of pictures of the build process in chronological order to follow. Looking forward to picking your brains with the many questions I'm certain I'll have as we finish up!:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,954 Posts
Welcome to DC. You are going to have a sharp ride when you get it finished

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Kewl !!! & Welcome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts