Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most people are thrilled with a new sports car. The real question is, what is it like to own it after a couple of years? I just got back from a trip in which I had the top off and the windows down for the entire journey. I like this car more and more, not less and less. It was too bad that the journey ended!

I drive it to work, to do errands and sometimes I just get in and drive it for no reason. What a delightful machine!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Most people are thrilled with a new sports car. The real question is, what is it like to own it after a couple of years? I just got back from a trip in which I had the top off and the windows down for the entire journey. I like this car more and more, not less and less. It was too bad that the journey ended!

I drive it to work, to do errands and sometimes I just get in and drive it for no reason. What a delightful machine!
I agree 100% coming up on my 1st yr of ownership, love it more every day, especially w/constant new mods...It's the closest car I've driven that makes you feel almost as free or outlaw like a motorcycle can (barring the bumpy ride and bugs in your teeth etc...

The C6 is just awesome!

·
Registered
623 Posts

I have one of the earlier C6's. I got my '05 in September 2004. It's got 36,000 miles and is my 2nd Corvette. It's been from Kentucky to California to Las Vegas to New Orleans to San Antonio and many points in between. I LOVE IT!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
:partyon: We've been driving Corvettes for over 15 years and I agree, no way you can ever get tired of driving a Vette. We have driven from New Orleans to the Grand Cayon, Yellow Stone, New York all the way with the top and windows down and enjoying life. We did put the top up once in AZ,due to rain and it was too dam HOT. In October we're heading for the Keys. Life is too short not to enjoy it, Live to drive, drive to live

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I had the same experience. I had an 05 Mag Red Z51 A4 coupe that I bought new in 10/04. The car was so much fun to drive. Alas, I sold it last week because it just spent entirely too much time in the shop. After this last 3 week shop experience, I decided I was going to sell it when I got it back. The warranty is out this October and I didn't want to chance having to start paying for things out of pocket. I got a new Chrysler 300C SRT8 as my new vehicle. I'm really enjoying that car. The car is rock solid and is very fast. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts