Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came back from a dealer here in Texas that had a showroom Fellows Z. The MSRP was $79.9k + $20k market adjustment. Call it $100 grand even for conversation. When I asked the sales person what is the difference between that and the standard Z his responses did not impress. Don't get me wrong the white does look awesome and I've wished Chevy would make a white Z but not at this price. The additions are nothing to brag about:

Autographed glove box - I can do without the signature, trust me.

Rear spoiler - Honestly I think it looks tacky. Kills the body lines. It's just a small glued on plastic clip.

Corvette logo on the windshield - Again I can do without this. Reminds me of the ricer cars you see on the road with Honda stickers.

Carbon fiber dash - Nice touch, this does looks much better than the silver painted plastic.

Red fender flare decals - Yes I did say decals, this would come off quick! I don't need stickers on a $70k car.

I think that is it if my memory serves me correct. No bump in HP, nothing functional that's an improvement that I can see.

GM what are you thinking ???? Before anybody starts flaming back, I am an owner of a C5 Z, so I do appreciate these cars and I would love to upgrade to a C6 but not at these prices. Especially, when I'm seeing used one's now with low mileage going for mid 60s. To bad there not white. I guess I'll just have to wait until the insanity wears off.

·
Registered
906 Posts
In my opinion unless you are a collector it is no big deal. Yeah it is a limited edition but other than the color being white it is all trim. There is no difference in performance at all. At one point people were paying way over sticker for a Z06 those days have come and gone. Rick Conti even listed a Z06 for 4 grand under sticker. Hell has frozen over!!!!!

·
DC Crew
20,694 Posts
At one point people were paying way over sticker for a Z06 those days have come and gone. Hell has frozen over!!!!!
We all knew the price was going to come back to reality. It was simply based on availability and DEMAND. That happens with ALL new car sensations.

The Z06 is an absolute steal right now, especially when you look to the rest of the market for their offerings.

·
Registered
906 Posts
We all knew the price was going to come back to reality. It was simply based on availability and DEMAND. That happens with ALL new car sensations.

The Z06 is an absolute steal right now, especially when you look to the rest of the market for their offerings.
:agree:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Just imagine when you see an RFZ on Barret-Jackson 20 years from now. Those things about it will make it a good seller in the auction.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Just imagine when you see an RFZ on Barret-Jackson 20 years from now. Those things about it will make it a good seller in the auction.
any thing is a good seller on barret jackson there prices are a little to high for me to addend:spanked:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Well Ok ..How much do you think it would be to paint a new Z-06 white?

I mean paint it nice no orange peel...no, wait, we want it to look authentic

so we need a little orange peel. ;) but seriously, It would cost a few thousand
anyway right? of corse not $20,000 but would it be cheeper than taking say

my car and putting a widebody kit for looks and supercharger to get close to Z-06 performance?

not even counting brakes and suspension it would be over $10,000

even if you say $20,000 in mods to make mine as close to a Z-06 as I could

that would be $73,000 VS the RFZ at say $83,000 What does $10,000 get you

100,000 mile warranty and a Resale value that will kill a crazy modded out C-6

...I think the RFZ in the right hands is money in the bank!

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Well Ok ..How much do you think it would be to paint a new Z-06 white?

I mean paint it nice no orange peel...no, wait, we want it to look authentic

so we need a little orange peel. ;) but seriously, It would cost a few thousand
anyway right? of corse not $20,000 but would it be cheeper than taking say

my car and putting a widebody kit for looks and supercharger to get close to Z-06 performance?

not even counting brakes and suspension it would be over $10,000

even if you say $20,000 in mods to make mine as close to a Z-06 as I could

that would be $73,000 VS the RFZ at say $83,000 What does $10,000 get you

100,000 mile warranty and a Resale value that will kill a crazy modded out C-6

...I think the RFZ in the right hands is money in the bank!
why.....cuz you have one?:laughing:

just kidding i understand what you mean and because of the low numbers you got a nice car that will be worth a whole lot of money in a couple years:cheers:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Check the avatar again... either my sights going... stupid laser surgery.. or thats a C6 Z51 with GS Stripes...

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
It was made for the collectors:D It's not any faster then the stock ZO6:devil:

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
The car is $79,000 for a limited edition Z. The $20,000 is the dealer mark up. So if you want to own one right now you will pay the $20,000. Does anyone know the markup back in '96 for the grand sport?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I just came back from a dealer here in Texas that had a showroom Fellows Z. The MSRP was $79.9k + $20k market adjustment. Call it $100 grand even for conversation. When I asked the sales person what is the difference between that and the standard Z his responses did not impress. Don't get me wrong the white does look awesome and I've wished Chevy would make a white Z but not at this price. The additions are nothing to brag about:

Autographed glove box - I can do without the signature, trust me.

Rear spoiler - Honestly I think it looks tacky. Kills the body lines. It's just a small glued on plastic clip.

Corvette logo on the windshield - Again I can do without this. Reminds me of the ricer cars you see on the road with Honda stickers.

Carbon fiber dash - Nice touch, this does looks much better than the silver painted plastic.

Red fender flare decals - Yes I did say decals, this would come off quick! I don't need stickers on a $70k car.

I think that is it if my memory serves me correct. No bump in HP, nothing functional that's an improvement that I can see.

GM what are you thinking ???? Before anybody starts flaming back, I am an owner of a C5 Z, so I do appreciate these cars and I would love to upgrade to a C6 but not at these prices. Especially, when I'm seeing used one's now with low mileage going for mid 60s. To bad there not white. I guess I'll just have to wait until the insanity wears off.
im going to guess you went to Reliable chevy in Richardson. they are assholes, and they wonder why they have no customers!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Corvette2000. No Mine's not a RFZ...HA! I wish

but i had my stripes before the RFZ came out.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
there is no way this car will ever be worth what guys are paying for it right now. if history on limited edition on cars has taught us anything paint and stripes mean nothing.

78 silver ann-- not worth much more than a stock color 78
78 pace car - has to be low mileage and they still dont sell well
86 pace car -- no extra value
98 pace car- hell nobody wants pimp purple with whore yellow seats
95 pace car purple stripes maybe a couple thousand over base conv but mile per mile not worth much more
96 grand sport ONLY CAR STILL BRINGING GOOD MONEY
82 collectors edition - low low miles and good paint they bring ok money but not great

GM WILL NEVER GET IT.... A DIFFERENT COLOR AND A FEW STRIPES DONT MAKE IT SPECIAL. ITS A NICE CAR YES BUT 20 GRAND OVER STICKER NO WAY IN HELL! dont believe me ask the 1990 ZR1 ovwners that paid 90k and the car is worth high 30.s now

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im going to guess you went to Reliable chevy in Richardson. they are assholes, and they wonder why they have no customers!

I hear ya ! But no it was actually El Dorado. They were proud but not as proud when I did talk to Reliable back when the '06 came out. They were asking $25k over sticker ... I want to say ~ $85 grand for a Z. Now a year later I'm starting to see them listed on cars.com in the mid 60's. Somebody took it in the shorts!

·
DC Crew
20,694 Posts
GM WILL NEVER GET IT.... A DIFFERENT COLOR AND A FEW STRIPES DONT MAKE IT SPECIAL. ITS A NICE CAR YES BUT 20 GRAND OVER STICKER NO WAY IN HELL!
I know what you're trying to say but, GM isn't fooled. They get it.

GM doesn't care what something is worth 15-20 years from now... they care about making something that will get them extra cash NOW. Cue the special editions.

Nice to offer something unique to the market without taking overwhelming production change, as well serving to commemorate a milestone or individual. People would complain to GM if they didn't make "special edition" Corvettes. Take it or leave it. They may bring in a pretty penny but they are cool to have around.

·
Registered
232 Posts
the RFZ and the corvette Pace care are basicly the same thing. They both have freagin stickers that look cheap and probly cost about 5 cents to make and charge 10k for. Yes they have a little bit different interiors but it is not worth the added dealer markup. ITS A SCAM! Just getting the suckers to buy the so called limited edition vettes when in reality they are no different.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
there is no way this car will ever be worth what guys are paying for it right now. if history on limited edition on cars has taught us anything paint and stripes mean nothing.

78 silver ann-- not worth much more than a stock color 78
78 pace car - has to be low mileage and they still dont sell well
86 pace car -- no extra value
98 pace car- hell nobody wants pimp purple with whore yellow seats
95 pace car purple stripes maybe a couple thousand over base conv but mile per mile not worth much more
96 grand sport ONLY CAR STILL BRINGING GOOD MONEY
82 collectors edition - low low miles and good paint they bring ok money but not great

GM WILL NEVER GET IT.... A DIFFERENT COLOR AND A FEW STRIPES DONT MAKE IT SPECIAL. ITS A NICE CAR YES BUT 20 GRAND OVER STICKER NO WAY IN HELL! dont believe me ask the 1990 ZR1 ovwners that paid 90k and the car is worth high 30.s now
look at the producation numbers though....the RFZ will only have 300 in the US....the car is still going to go way down in price just like any car...but in 40 years....yes 40 year like the muscle cars of the 60's and 70's the RFZ will be bringing good money and so will some of the cars you are talking about (ZR1 , Grand sports and pace cars)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Anybody who thinks any of these cars are going to be anything remotely resembling a decent investment is nuts. Even if they are selling for $350K 40 years from now it would still have been a very poor investement. The value comes from how much enjoyment you get out of that sucker over the decades...You can't put a price on the smiles the Z06 provides.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts