Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know how many of you guys drive your cars at night or not but i think that our cars are a serious hazard. The other night i was working late and on my way home i did not see anything. If there was a oncoming car or if street lamps were on then you couldnt even see the lights on the road. Furthermore, the lights didnt even light up the road lines or the road reflectors. I tryed putting the high beams on but that didnt help any and all i got was a bunch of blaring horns and a bunch of 1 fingered guys waving (maybe they thought they were in there corvettes);) .

Alright then now that the problem has been identified we must rectify it. We need to find a cheap and economical way to modernize our 3 decade old lighting system. Anybody have any ideas?

I was thinking along the ways of doing a H4 bulb replacement, but others have added Optilux driving lights behind the front grills and they were very bright as well.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Agreed. You need good lightening.

But, sometimes the light looks dim because it is scattered. Maybe you have the headlights pointed outward to far? On a different car, I always complained about the headlights. Then one day I figured out that they were pointing about 20 feet too far out.

Not saying this is your issue, and the C3 lighting could probably benefit from an upgrade. The older lighting technology is now exaggerated because of all the BRIGHT lights with new cars.

I'd do the project regardless.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
749 Posts
unfortunately the one that battsup showed will not fit a corvette. you need to click on the link to the right of the page and enter your type car and year to view the lens that will fit your corvette. they show several styles allegedly for a corvette.

be aware that the ones sold on ebay most likely will NOT fit your car. the problem is the lens was designed too deep and will hit the light frame in back . so, double check the depth of the lens if you are buying off ebay.

http://www.stylincompacts.com/part.cfm?PartID=461776&PartFamilyID=629&SubCategoryID=143&CategoryID=25

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I'd replace the plastic adjustors and reaim your headlights before trying anything else. I replaced my headlights with H4 bulbs and I have projector beam foglights mounted to my valance. I have no problems seeing at night.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm going to an HID system when I do my electrical headlight replacement along with re-wiring the lighting system cause its gotta be way to old to handle the HID. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a schematic that a member of the "other" forum has sent me, i think that many of us will be putting this to good use.

edit** alright if you want to see the schematic just send me an email the link wont work and my cardomain site resizes the photos.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Battsup said:
Here is a schematic that a member of the "other" forum has sent me, i think that many of us will be putting this to good use.

edit** alright if you want to see the schematic just send me an email the link wont work and my cardomain site resizes the photos.
You can say "Corvetteforum" here. No politics on this site, man. Just cool people.:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts