Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glenn Beck calls evolution 'ridiculous,' says he's never seen a half-human, half-monkeyBY Sean Alfano
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Thursday, October 21st 2010, 8:57 AM

Glenn Beck says he's never seen a half-man, half-monkey. Above, Beck as an orangutan. Take our PollBeck Bashes Darwin
Is evolution a dubious theory being "forced down our throats"?

Glenn Beck thinks the theory of evolution is a bunch of monkey business.

The wildly popular Fox News host Wednesday called the idea that humans evolved from primates "ridiculous."

While the deeply religious Beck denouncing evolution isn't a shock, his defense was a head-scratcher: "I haven't seen a half-monkey, half-person yet. Did evolution just stop?"

Beck puffing out his chest like a great ape during his "Restoring Honor" rally. Kamm/Getty

Scientists have shown humans and chimpanzees share roughly 96% of the same DNA. Chimps are classified as apes, not monkeys.

Beck, however, is only interested in what God has to say on the matter.

"I don't know how God creates. I don't know how we got here," Beck said. "If I get to the other side and God's like, 'You know what, you were a monkey once,' I'll be shocked, but I'll be like, 'Whatever.'"

Beck doing his best howling monkey impression at the CPAC conference. Magana/APBeck equated the argument to global warming, which he says scientists, along with evolution, "force it down your throat."

"When anybody has to force it, that's a problem. You didn't have to force that the world is round. Truth is truth. You don't have to force the truth."

Spoken like a true Neandertal:laughing::laughing:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
How do ****-for-brains like him get to his level of notoriety?
Because most everything he says is fact, if you think he's wrong, do what the WH & all the leftist media haven't been able to, prove him wrong.

As for evolution, I am still waiting to see the missing link.. or a half-human monkey, or a gay dog. :laughing:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
To put a fine point on it, we didn't evolve from any current monkey or ape. But we and the other primates evolved from a common ancestor. I'm not sure how anyone could explain the fossil and DNA evidence any other way.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Macro evolution (changing from one kind of animal to another) and man-made global warming are more faith than proven fact -- very much like religion.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Because most everything he says is fact, if you think he's wrong, do what the WH & all the leftist media haven't been able to, prove him wrong.

As for evolution, I am still waiting to see the missing link.. or a half-human monkey, or a gay dog. :laughing:
But we already have the sub-human Glenn Beck. That is proof enough for me. The only mystery is why Glenn has not evolved as rapidly as the majority of other humans:laughing::laughing:

The evolution of the current homo-sapien is well documented. We have evolved with changes in internal organs, physical characteristics and nutrition requirements. The only thing that hasn't been established is where current man's reign began. Scientist for years were stumbling because they assumed the current species began less than 10,000 years ago and evolved from an early form of hominid. But now plenty believe modern man began closer to 100,000 years. There is also documentation that proves several species of hominid existed on the earth at the same time.

Whether all the forms of current man walking the earth has origins from the same species is in doubt. It is still a mystery where we began and from what specific hominid, if any, we evolved from but no question the current species has evolved over the last few hundred years, while other Homminid species disappeared from the Earth over the last few thousand years.

mya = Million Years Ago
cya = 100 Years Ago

The Hominid Family Tree
Orrorin tugenensis
(6 mya)
Ardipithecus ramidus
(4.4 mya)
Australipithecus anamensis
(4.2 to 3.9 mya)
Australipithecus afarensis
(3.6 to 2.9 mya)
Kenyanthropus platyops
(3.5 to 3.3 mya)
Australipithecus africanus
(3 to 2 mya)
Australipithecus aethiopicus
(2.7 to 2.3 mya)
Australipithecus garhi
(2.5 mya)
Australipithecus boisei
(2.3 to 1.4 mya)
Homo habilis
(2.3 to 1.6 mya)
Homo erectus
(1.8 to 0.3 mya)
Australipithecus robustus
(1.8 to 1.5 mya)
Homo heidelbergensis
(600 to 100 tya)
Homo neanderthalensis
(250 to 30 tya)
Homo sapiens
(100 tya to present)

The current theory
Hominidae, in zoology, one of the two living families of the ape superfamily Hominoidea, the other being the Hylobatidae (gibbons). Hominidae includes the great apes—that is, the orangutans (genus Pongo), gorillas (Gorilla), and chimpanzees and bonobos (Pan)—as well as human beings (Homo). Formerly, humans alone (with their extinct forebears) were placed in Hominidae, and the great apes were placed in a different family, Pongidae. However, morphological and molecular studies now indicate that humans are closely related to chimpanzees, while gorillas are more distant and orangutans more distant still.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Funny, no matter what science says, or what gets posted, none of it ties to us. :laughing: :crazy:

Interesting tidbit about Darwin, he felt that blacks evolve slower and are sub-human by comparison to Caucasians.. he was an elitist racist.. sounds familiar.. :laughing:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Funny, no matter what science says, or what gets posted, none of it ties to us. :laughing: :crazy:

Interesting tidbit about Darwin, he felt that blacks evolve slower and are sub-human by comparison to Caucasians.. he was an elitist racist.. sounds familiar.. :laughing:
Currently there is no tie that proves we evolved from another species but there is proof of evolution of every species of animal (including humans) that has survived significant environmental change.

It is not PC that different races of man may have had different origin points but it is a very real possibility.

:cheers:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Currently there is no tie that proves we evolved from another species but there is proof of evolution of every species of animal (including humans) that has survived significant environmental change.
I think all species evolve, but I don't think they shape-shift from monkey to man, or anything close. :thumbsup:

It is not PC that different races of man may have had different origin points but it is a very real possibility.

:agree:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
This thread should be good for a few pages of posts.

:D

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
But we already have the sub-human Glenn Beck. That is proof enough for me. The only mystery is why Glenn has not evolved as rapidly as the majority of other humans:laughing::laughing:

The evolution of the current homo-sapien is well documented. We have evolved with changes in internal organs, physical characteristics and nutrition requirements. The only thing that hasn't been established is where current man's reign began. Scientist for years were stumbling because they assumed the current species began less than 10,000 years ago and evolved from an early form of hominid. But now plenty believe modern man began closer to 100,000 years. There is also documentation that proves several species of hominid existed on the earth at the same time.

Whether all the forms of current man walking the earth has origins from the same species is in doubt. It is still a mystery where we began and from what specific hominid, if any, we evolved from but no question the current species has evolved over the last few hundred years, while other Homminid species disappeared from the Earth over the last few thousand years.

mya = Million Years Ago
cya = 100 Years Ago

The Hominid Family Tree
Orrorin tugenensis
(6 mya)
Ardipithecus ramidus
(4.4 mya)
Australipithecus anamensis
(4.2 to 3.9 mya)
Australipithecus afarensis
(3.6 to 2.9 mya)
Kenyanthropus platyops
(3.5 to 3.3 mya)
Australipithecus africanus
(3 to 2 mya)
Australipithecus aethiopicus
(2.7 to 2.3 mya)
Australipithecus garhi
(2.5 mya)
Australipithecus boisei
(2.3 to 1.4 mya)
Homo habilis
(2.3 to 1.6 mya)
Homo erectus
(1.8 to 0.3 mya)
Australipithecus robustus
(1.8 to 1.5 mya)
Homo heidelbergensis
(600 to 100 tya)
Homo neanderthalensis
(250 to 30 tya)
Homo sapiens
(100 tya to present)

The current theory
Hominidae, in zoology, one of the two living families of the ape superfamily Hominoidea, the other being the Hylobatidae (gibbons). Hominidae includes the great apes—that is, the orangutans (genus Pongo), gorillas (Gorilla), and chimpanzees and bonobos (Pan)—as well as human beings (Homo). Formerly, humans alone (with their extinct forebears) were placed in Hominidae, and the great apes were placed in a different family, Pongidae. However, morphological and molecular studies now indicate that humans are closely related to chimpanzees, while gorillas are more distant and orangutans more distant still.

At first there was only 1 gap. Now look there are 15.:D

·
Registered
1,192 Posts

Darwin was wrong about many things.

The theory of evolution has changes a lot in 100 yrs.

Change in the gene pool with decent is an observation. If you believe it does not apply to you, you are correct. Populations evolve individual people do not.

Science is not elitist it is transparent; anyone desiring to falsify the observations, predictions, or theories is welcome (and encouraged) to try. Science, unlike religion is based on observations and new observations can lead to new theories.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Science is not elitist it is transparent; anyone desiring to falsify the observations, predictions, or theories is welcome (and encouraged) to try. Science, unlike religion is based on observations and new observations can lead to new theories.
Yeah, religion requires a leap of faith.. wait, so does a theory...:crazy:

:laughing:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think all species evolve, but I don't think they shape-shift from monkey to man, or anything close. :thumbsup:

:agree:
Wait what does this have to do with Shape Shifting. Of course some people and animals can shape shift.

Didn't you see Thunderheart??

Shape shifting is documented in many religions of the indigenous North America tribes.

And, since it is religion it must be fact. After all if Jesus fed 4000 people from 7 loaves of Bread and 1 small fish, is shape shifting that much of a stretch?

1 - 20 of 179 Posts