Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've been a vette owner for a long time and I am now trying to find a C2 to buy.

I'd like to get something that needs work and is at least drivable or close to it. The problem is, I have no idea where to start. There are so many cars out there with so many potential pitfalls, I'm almost frozen with fear! :lookinup:

I really need to get educated on the basics of buying an older car, how to evaluate if its really a corvette first off, how to match numbers, how to know if cars are properly equipped for its year and obviously how to recongnize the needle in the haystack: the all original #'s matching car.

Can someone direct me to a resource to get some basic knowledge or some friendly tips?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
69 Posts
OK, I've been a vette owner for a long time and I am now trying to find a C2 to buy.

I'd like to get something that needs work and is at least drivable or close to it. The problem is, I have no idea where to start. There are so many cars out there with so many potential pitfalls, I'm almost frozen with fear! :lookinup:

I really need to get educated on the basics of buying an older car, how to evaluate if its really a corvette first off, how to match numbers, how to know if cars are properly equipped for its year and obviously how to recongnize the needle in the haystack: the all original #'s matching car.

Can someone direct me to a resource to get some basic knowledge or some friendly tips?

Thanks for the help.

Here's a link with good info:

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/3000/guide2.html

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

Chuck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts