Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Teachers and students in Wisconsin are protesting Governor Scott Walker's budget bill. But it's not a mark of democracy: instead, teachers have been taking kids out of school to march on the Capitol in Madison. It's being called a "sickout" -- and it's illegal.

"Teachers are joining protests planned today at the State Capitol," one witness to the protest said. "Yesterday, more than half of the student body of Madison East High School walked out with the support and assistance of their teachers."

Video in link.....

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/wisconsin-teachers-take-students-class-protest_550230.html

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Yup. This is not going to go well for either side.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Those teachers should be disciplined for helping or encouraging any child to skip school. I voted for Walker and I strongly support his efforts to balance our state budget. This is a union/labor negotiation and it is despicable to burden children with it. If state Republicans stand with Walker the public unions in Wisconsin are in for a dose of the harsh realities that have impacted the private sector and tax payers for quite some time.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Unions need to wake up and get with the program. These teachers benefits, as well as the rest of union member's benefits are WAY out of tune with the rest of the general public's benefits levels. The contribute 0.2% of their pay toward their retirement:WTF They should be kissing the board of Ed they still got a pension!!! How many private non union workers have lost their pensions!!!

I can only hope they succeed here and the snowball spreads around the country. Get the unions back in line with the rest of the country!!!

Get rid of all the over the top perks!!! - I can hear it already " we negotiated them" bla bla bla

Unions were a good idea that has now been perverted into basically an extortion scam.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
there were dozens of students interviewed, they all said their teachers brought them there. most had no idea what they were protesting, other than their teacher told them to

every one of those teachers should be fired and brought up on charges of child endangerment.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
i have some teacher union relatives....they said i should pay just like they are being asked to....i have already paid in full for all my benefits as a soldier- in advance.

I even showed them the check, they didnt get it....

This is going to end very badly for the public unions. a majority of the union supported candidates lost in the nov elections as it is. this is going to make it worse on the unions in the long run. especially when people really get upset about how their kids cant go to school because the teachers refuse to go to work....

·
Registered
798 Posts
Get rid of all the over the top perks!!! - I can hear it already " we negotiated them" bla bla bla
Yep, give all those perks to upper management-- Oh, wait, they already are doing that !!!

:crazy:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
there were dozens of students interviewed, they all said their teachers brought them there. most had no idea what they were protesting, other than their teacher told them to

every one of those teachers should be fired and brought up on charges of child endangerment.
I'm not finding any credible news outlets confirming the abduction of students to protests.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Patco!

In August of '81 President Regan was instructive on management of illegal job actions of government unions..... FIRE THEM!!!! Many of those that were Army Reservist were also discharged! GOOD

·
Banned
7,823 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
In the words

"I'm not finding any credible news outlets confirming the abduction of students to protests."

Bugs Bunny summed it up nicely, "What a maroon"

·
Banned
12,109 Posts

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
In August of '81 President Regan was instructive on management of illegal job actions of government unions..... FIRE THEM!!!! Many of those that were Army Reservist were also discharged! GOOD
and this has what...............to do with abducted students.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
so anything that discredits a left wing point of view has to be made up and staged? yea, the protests are deffinately staged by the left.....but the videos? not likely

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
so anything that discredits a left wing point of view has to be made up and staged? yea, the protests are deffinately staged by the left.....but the videos? not likely
Well, considering the fools that went after ACORN, and that Brietbart twit, and Fox News using wrong (and not 'oopsie' wrong) footage and sound a dozen times in the last year...

:huh:

Kinda looks that way.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts