Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to add a spoiler like the indy cars have. I dont understand the advantages between 3 piece and a one piece. Do the 2 appear different after installed? I must be not seeing something here, big difference in cost. Thank you, Tom.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The 1 piece is a fiberglass copy of the 3 piece. Some sanding and fitting may be needed. Guaronteed to crack & chip when hit. The 3 piece may be a bit more resilient. I too want to install the indy style spoilers on my 78 but cant pull the trigger just yet...

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
The 3 piece is flexible rubber/poly material. Also somewhat adjustable to the installation.

As said, the one piece is a fiberglass molded hard/fragile design that will shatter upon hitting your first curb or parking barrier.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
My 3-piece is fiberglass. It chips and cracks.

However, like mentioned, it installed much easier than a 1-piece and required nothing more than mounting hardware.

After a few years I removed the side pieces and now I use only the chin spoiler...or center section as it's called.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I'd like to see some pictures in this or a new thread. I'm wanting to put one of those on my '71.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'd like to see some pictures in this or a new thread. I'm wanting to put one of those on my '71.
The indy spoiler won't fit on a 71. There is a different one-piece spoiler for the 68-72 cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts