Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"The Ben Ber-nank’s inflation policy has been crystal clear. Since his decision to engage in Quantitative Guessing part deux at the Groupthink Inc. meetings in Jackson Hole in August, here are the 3-month percentage moves of real-time market prices:"

1. Crude Oil = +18.2%
2. Natural Gas = +20.8%
3. Heating Oil = +18.2%
4. Gold = +10.1%
5. Silver = +41.2%
6. Palladium = +38.3%
7. Copper = +17.3%
8. Cocoa = +12.3%
9. Cotton = +52.4%
10. Lumber = +19.8%
11. Orange Juice = +16.5%
12. Sugar = +35.5%
13. Corn = +24.2%
14. Oats = +27.9%
15. Rice = +20.5%
16. Soybeans = +23.6%
17. Wheat = +10.3%

http://www.hedgeye.com/unlocked_ideas/10773

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Sorry you must be incorrect, our government (Obama) just told us there has been no inflation for the last 3 years. Hence no raise in the social security benefits that I have paid in thousands and thousands of dollars to receive over the last 45 years...

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Hmmmm. You think the cost of finished goods might be getting ready to go up? I filled up the Vette at noon today for $2.93/gal. (premium 93 octane). I just filled up the wife's car with premium at the same station for $3.03/gal. It's up ten cents just this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
If the price of fuel keeps going up we are going down the shitter again. People will quit spending so they can buy fuel to get to work.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry you must be incorrect, our government (Obama) just told us there has been no inflation for the last 3 years.
Our government hasn't worked in our interest in 100 years.. so you can pretty much bet anything they tell you is a lie..

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
A Good read here. Written before the Ben Ber Nanke announced his 'quantitative easing' idea.

NIA 2010 Inflation Report

I posted this about 6 weeks ago, right after the Ben Ber Nanke's 'quantitative easing' idea was put into motion. It was 'pooh-poohed', as 'it can't happen here...:laughing:
Just look at the inflation indexes in the OP and it's only been what a few months?

NIA Future U.S. Food Prices.

Some Of NIA's Accurate Predictions

It's stuff like this that has me concerned about the viability of a weak dollar. It may look good on paper, but when the necessities price index's are controlled by commodity prices and it costs $10 for a loaf of bread and $15 for a gallon of gas, we're screwed.

One other thing that hasn't gone addressed are the 2 most important factors regarding inflation that the government has removed from the equation...Food and energy prices.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
The greedy oil companys and their speculators tearing down America one Barrel at a time

There's your reason for inflation

The oil Corps need to get back all that money they lost wipping out the southern coast of The United States , During the catostrophic Oil Spill

Which they Flooded the Southern coast for 90 Days ! Straight

And in the process wipped out many of the industries along the Southern coast:nuts:

How Green is that lol

Also the federal reserve has played a big part in Destroying America:nuts:

The Government has just Brought much shame on this country, And made us look like Idiots to the rest of the world.

Not to mention they have put future generations in Debt to a Malicious Communist Government

And put the deficit into the 14trillion dollar catagory:nuts:

The criminals in the Banking industry are a whole other thread

White collar crime pays in America

1 - 7 of 7 Posts