1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cleaner than Stock, Faster than Phock
726 Posts

·
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well not really, the new engine (406) will be finished Friday. I will paint the motor this weekend and put the MINIRAM intake on.

The injectors were from the factory on my 85 so it seems like they held up pretty well though!

·
Registered
245 Posts
LD85 said:
Well not really, the new engine (406) will be finished Friday. I will paint the motor this weekend and put the MINIRAM intake on.

The injectors were from the factory on my 85 so it seems like they held up pretty well though!
Sounds like a great motor. What kind of numbers do you expect to get on a dyno?

·
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I wont know for sure till its in and tuned but DD2000 says

455Hp/5000, and 513Tq/4500

I went a little mild on the cam compared to what most people do, I did not want a lot of rumpity rump, and had a goal of the car being capable of drive long distances without overheating etc.

406 CI
5.7 Forged Rods
Stock std. 400 Crank
Speed Pro Flat Tops
Dart Pro-1 215 CC heads, 72CC
Mini Ram II - 1206 Gasket
BBK 58 MM-TB
Walbro 340 Fuel pump w/ 24# injectors
Custom grind .225/.233 @ .050 Roller Hyd
Comp Cams- Retro Lifters
Pro Magnums 1.6 RR
Flow Kooler Water Pump
Hooker 2151-1
Center Force II DF
3:07 Rear Gear
4+3 Tranny

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
I sent my injectors to Cruzin Performance too. I highly recommend them! They are $30 cheaper than anyone local to me. Rich said they all flowed 99-100 when he was done. He even was helpful in diagnosing my no start problem. I did the injectors in June or July and didn't get the engine running til November. Rich said the parrifin based oil he uses may have hardened over that 5 month period. Sure enough, that was the problem. He offered to fix that at no extra charge. :cheers:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
LD85 said:
I will paint the motor this weekend

Crickett was asking about engine paint over in C3...care to tell him what brand you are using?:cheers:

·
726 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts