Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing the inner fenders along with the rest of the front clip and am currently stripping the old clip of the various brackets and bits that are riveted on. I'm guessing that the new inner fenders from Vanacors won't have the holes drilled and probably won't even have dimples to locate them (I'll email them to verify this) so is there any reference for those hole locations? I know the exact locations aren't critical, but I thought if someone knew of a document telling where all this stuff goes it would save me some time measuring.

Any info is appreciated :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I know the AIM gives some of that info for homes when it relates to emblems and brackets in some cases for some years, but pesky things like the A/C hose clip, the washer bottle holes...probably aren't measured.

Based on my experience with Vanacor panels, you might see dimples.

The reason I assume this is because a LOT of people use after market panels to replace damaged factory panels. I've never once heard of a thread where someone griped that they didn't know where to drill new holes for rivets or bracket bolts.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Unless a hole was drilled on the assembly line, the AIM will not show hole locations. The holes were drilled by the manufacturer before the panels were shipped to St. Louis.

Quality replacement panels should have dimples for hole centers. Call customer services at Vanacor and ask.

Hang on to your original panels as reference guides.

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unless a hole was drilled on the assembly line, the AIM will not show hole locations. The holes were drilled by the manufacturer before the panels were shipped to St. Louis.
that's a good point, Mike. I hadn't thought of that.

I took a number of pictures and will plan to just take a stab in the dark once I start to run the wire harness and vacuum lines. I would keep the old panel for reference but I don't have room for both front clips at once...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts