Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a shot of the WORKING tip.... see the little slots? Must be part of the resonance functionality.

Because the tips angle down, you can't see right through these puppies. But, the only functional side is straight through except for those slots and a one inch hole near the inlet.

Here's the inlet. See some light at the end of the tunnel? A little less carbon would make it more obvious. Again, the tips are angled down. If not, you could put a 2.5" PVC pipe right through the inlet and out the tip!

Again, no baffles, just straight pipe. Some slots and a 1 inch hole are off the pipe. But, no restriction.

Aren't they pretty?

Good looking, waste of MONEY! Gut your cats and have someone make you a system, and pick out your own tips.

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
I the name of science... good job!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for busting the myth! Pics don't lie.

I kinda feel stupid for believing all those at the "other" forum who insisted that one tip does most of the work at cruise but gasses get diverted to the other tip at higher RPMs. I even recall one post suggesting that there's a spring-loaded trap door inside the muffler that opens up the other tip as flow increases. Bull.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SharkInShark said:
Thanks for busting the myth! Pics don't lie.

I kinda feel stupid for believing all those at the "other" forum who insisted that one tip does most of the work at cruise but gasses get diverted to the other tip at higher RPMs. I even recall one post suggesting that there's a spring-loaded trap door inside the muffler that opens up the other tip as flow increases. Bull.
That is TOTAL bullshit. Spring loaded?:rolling: I love the other one that "Corsa's get louder over time".... :laughing:

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
Sounds like people need to reassure themselves about the money spent on the system..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts