Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a Direct Lift Pro Park 8S. Rated at 8000 pounds. The Vert is just shy of 3300#.

My ceiling to floor height is 10'6". I have one foot between the bottom of the rail and the top of the Monte Carlo SS and 1' between the top of Vert and ceiling. My garage is 26'x26'. I've got a ton of room between the Monte Carlo and the S10 Blazer. The Monte doors can open up all the way on both sides and not hit the Blazer or wall.

The hydraulic system is quite and smooth.

It uses a dual working and safety latch system. Two locks on every post. Only one lock engages during normal use. If a cable were to loose tension or break spring loaded secondary safety latches kick in to stop a potential fall. In theroy, if all the cables broke at once it would only fall a max height of 6".

The ladder stop system is adjustable up and down to fit your floor slope so you can get the lift level across the entire footprint.

It is impossible to lower the lift without raising it slightly and then engage the lock release lever shown in the third photo. If you let go of the lever at any time during decent the lift will stop at the next lowest ladder.

ANSI Certified :thumbsup:, ALI Approved :thumbsup:, Made in China :down:, $2001 with WI tax :thumbsup:, optional $500 install fee from the supplier if you can't/don't want to do it. :down: Comes with three drip trays, a massive jack tray and four heavy duty casters. :thumbsup: The casters system is neat as all you do is lower the lift onto it and it raises up the post from it's own weight and one person can push the lift around.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I took delivery from the supplier myself via a rented 1800 pound trailer.

I did the install all alone with no help. I have an engine lift and a keen knowledge of the prinicples of levers and weights:smack so I had no problem unloading it and setting it up on my own.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Nice *

Good luck

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
:thumbsup: :surprised :thumbsup:

Nice job. We have 2 of them and iburke moves them around all the time. They are a must in a shop!!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Nice! I envy you guys with 4-post lifts. When I get ready for my second Vette, I'm definitely getting one! :partyon:

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Nice install on the lift. It sure makes life easier
when you don't have to slide under with the car
laying on your chest. Good for that third parking
space also. Good luck ....

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
She's ten foot six.....we made damn sure of that when we bought the new house!
Sorry, I re-read your post and see you stated the height right in the second paragraph. I've got a similar 4 post lift, but only have 8' 4" ceiling. If I tried to raise the car to the max height, the roof and windshield would go through the ceiling. LOL. I move around under mine with a rolling stool. I like the double lock system on yours and the "ladder" set-up. Mine has blocks welded to the posts instead of the cut-outs in the ladder. Nothing to fail there, as opposed to a bad weld on one of the blocks.

With the short ceiling height and the standard height garage door, I have to be thinking when I raise the car or open the door when the car is up in the air, because the maximum height I can lift the car is different with the door up vs. when it's down. I have painted marks on the post by the lift controls.

You're going to love that lift. Everything is easier to get at. Changing the oil is a joke.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
...chucked my busted up plastic ramps in the trash the other day! C-ya!..they were all beat to hell and a serious liability. :smack

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did this lift come with any accessories to enable you to frame lift for wheel/tire removal?

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Did this lift come with any accessories to enable you to frame lift for wheel/tire removal?
I have the same basic lift as he does and it has a center bridge jack option. I did the front suspension on my former Chevy II with it and redid all 4 brakes on the wife's bug. They work great.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea...it comes with a jack bridge (no extra cost). It's about 2 feet wide and spans the width between the rails.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
This is great. We're planning to rebuild our garage next summer to the same dimensions (except an 11' ceiling) just so we can get a 4 post lift. The current plan calls for a roll up door to avoid rails that would get in the way.

Is there a comparable "Made in USA" brand that people like? I'd rather get that if possible.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is great. We're planning to rebuild our garage next summer to the same dimensions (except an 11' ceiling) just so we can get a 4 post lift. The current plan calls for a roll up door to avoid rails that would get in the way.

Is there a comparable "Made in USA" brand that people like? I'd rather get that if possible.
I think during my review of lifts.... "Superlifts" was my Made in the USA choice but I couldn't flip for the $3900. It's the exact same deisgn. The SR-7H.

http://www.superlifts.com/fourpostlifts/sr7h.html

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have the same lift but my ceiling is 9'4". I pull my mercedes underneath it and I have literally 1" of clearance but it beats paying $125 a month for a 10x20 garage. I had to raise my garage door and put a jackshaft open in so I have no obstructions in the ceiling. It is so nice to be able to work underneath the car now. The day I got my lift I pulled the vette on, lifted it and stared at the all of the work I needed to do.
The only PITA is the ramps. They are heavy, that is my only complaint. I am thinking about buying a set of rack ramps. I think they are 15lbs each.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts