Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the west coast long tubes and x pipe!:thumbsup: The fit quality is awesome. the entire system tucks up under the car great. Not real loud at idle but under the pedal it gets nasty. SOP feels pretty good. No 02 codes :partyon: ...... Next on the list is the cam and springs.

Install took about 4 hours.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Just installed the west coast long tubes and x pipe!:thumbsup: The fit quality is awesome. the entire system tucks up under the car great. Not real loud at idle but under the pedal it gets nasty. SOP feels pretty good. No 02 codes :partyon: ...... Next on the list is the cam and springs.

Install took about 4 hours.
Aren't those the Melrose header brand? fully Ceramic coated? No dyno?

These?http://www.westcoastcorvette.com/p-1132-corvette-97-04-c5z06-long-tube-coated-header-whigh-flow-center-section.aspx

I'm very interested in purchasing as these are complete w/cats, X-pipe, ceramic coating, cheaper than all the others, would love to see a dyno? are you in CA? I'd even pay half, say $50 to meet and see what they get at the wheels?
I would just go w/LG but w/out coating I've heard a 1st hand story from a local shop in LA that had LG's (non-coated) installed on a C6 started a small engine fire! ruined the guys hood, but caught it in time before totall loss, supposedly wiring next to headers got to hott and burst into flames, the owner swapped them out for another set of LG's but fully ceramic coated.

Thus the need for ceramic coating.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

These?http://www.westcoastcorvette.com/p-1132-corvette-97-04-c5z06-long-tube-coated-header-whigh-flow-center-section.aspx

I'm very interested in purchasing as these are complete w/cats, X-pipe, ceramic coating, cheaper than all the others, would love to see a dyno? are you in CA? I'd even pay half, say $50 to meet and see what they get at the wheels?
I would just go w/LG but w/out coating I've heard a 1st hand story from a local shop in LA that had LG's (non-coated) installed on a C6 started a small engine fire! ruined the guys hood, but caught it in time before totall loss, supposedly wiring next to headers got to hott and burst into flames, the owner swapped them out for another set of LG's but fully ceramic coated.

they sure are the melrose brand! I have not taken it to the dyno yet. Just make sure you tie your 02 wires up and off the headers and you should be fine. I live in maryland but will be going to the dyno very shortly. These headers look really good on the car and the high flow cats are impressive. I put Billy boat headers on the day before and had to take them back off and replace with these. Billy boats had a fitment issue!!!:spanked:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

they sure are the melrose brand! I have not taken it to the dyno yet. Just make sure you tie your 02 wires up and off the headers and you should be fine. I live in maryland but will be going to the dyno very shortly. These headers look really good on the car and the high flow cats are impressive. I put Billy boat headers on the day before and had to take them back off and replace with these. Billy boats had a fitment issue!!!:spanked:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Great! maybe you could give us a sound clip as well?? thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
AWESOME!! LT's and x-pipe are my next mod for sure....!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts