Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a scale of 1 to 10...10 being the biggest PITA..How hard is it to install a TCI manual V/B in a 86 700R..Now I've done simple Transgo Kits in turbo 350's and such..But never in a 700..Your thoughts and help:crazy:

·
Registered
292 Posts
On a scale of 1 to 10...10 being the biggest PITA..How hard is it to install a TCI manual V/B in a 86 700R..Now I've done simple Transgo Kits in turbo 350's and such..But never in a 700..Your thoughts and help:crazy:
I put a shift kit in mine and that required dropping the valve body. I thought it was going to be much more then what it was. I didn't think it was very hard. The toughest part was putting it back together, I used a small jack to hold the valve body, it's heavy and you have to line everything up and not lose check balls.

There are a few wires to unplug and then the linkage.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks..I read and reread the instructions..It doesnt look too bad..Maybe with the exploded view of the FSM it will become clear to me...Just want it to go smooth:thumbsup:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,895 Posts
Did you get a change to do this yet. How did it go?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I did..Pretty easy..Really shifts great and no more TV cable worries:surprised ..Have all 4 gears..working on a b&m console shifter or cutting down te stock one and put a camaro ball on it:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts