Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one here have any pics of how to remove the instrument cluster to change the light bulbs and sockets? its the only thing stopping me from getting the car back together

·
DC Crew
32,976 Posts
It's the small 10(maybe 8) mm bolt by the steering column that are the tricky ones. Let me eat and I'll give you a short write up. Try searching in the mean time I've written it once. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
292 Posts
It's very easy, just a few bolts. On mine I took out a few screws that hold the top pad on that way there is more clearance to remove the cluster.

·
DC Crew
32,976 Posts
OK I'm full now.:D
Remove your panel trim cover. Easy enough just take out the screws. Next, look at the panel itself in the middle on each side of the steering column at the bottom there are two bolts and on the top in the same spacing there are two more. It's been awhile since I removed mine (and I have analog gauges now so I can't check) but there may be some on the outer corners. If there is it's not a big deal those are easy. The ones on the bottom are the hardest I used an extension and a srewdriver style nut driver to get at these two. Once you get all the screws out pull it to you and there are two plugs on the right side of it coming from behind that area where the A/C vents are. Unplug those and out it comes.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Raid you ARE AWESOME:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: i knew you changed out your cluster and went analog thanx for the help hopefully ill get some time tommorrow to get to it thanx again

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the local vette dealer said hed change the lights for me for 25 an hr. takes bout an hr and a half so im gonna go that wayill post some pics when i get the ol slut wagon back together:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts