Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2005 std vert z51. All my instrument panel cluster gauges stopped working. They are all down. All lights, warning lights, signal etc... still work fine. Also HUD works fine and reads all digital (temp,oil, rmp, tach...). I checked all fuses with multimeter in the fuse box and inside BCM and they are all fine. I cant find any information regarding this in the forums. If anyone can help me... :huh: I want to know if there is something else besides my cluster.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I did check cluster connections today. Same thing.
Sounds like a real PITA kinda thing.
Recall the first couple years C4s had the 'video game' digital dash. These things c/would crapout requiring a whole new/remanufactured assembly. Just a guess but replacing the entire assembly might be what's needed, here? Although as I said, just a guess.

Any independent HP shops specializing (or otherwise competent) in auto electric/eletronics you've access to? Sounds like you may need an expert.

DO post what this finally turns-out to be, and good luck getting the problem resoved. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
Car is not showing any code... Ill check with some with a tech 2 and let you know. Thanks
I don't think that all IPC error codes are standardised, as such, I believe that only the Tech II (or it's replacement) will report correctly the issue.

So, if you did a scan with a generic tool, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that there is an error code.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I have a 2005 std vert z51. All my instrument panel cluster gauges stopped working. They are all down. All lights, warning lights, signal etc... still work fine. Also HUD works fine and reads all digital (temp,oil, rmp, tach...). I checked all fuses with multimeter in the fuse box and inside BCM and they are all fine. I cant find any information regarding this in the forums. If anyone can help me... :huh: I want to know if there is something else besides my cluster.
Hi Venox1,

Do you resolve your problem because I 've got the same and I don't know what can it be ?
Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

Hello Venox1, :buhbye:
Do you resolve your problem 'cause I meet the same with my 05' Vette and I don't know what can it be ? :bang
Thank you very much for your answer.
Lataupe8

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
25,412 Posts
Looks like there are quite a few with this ongoing problem

·
Registered
4 Posts
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

I finally pulled off the insturment panel, and sure enough there was this little skinny wire harness that when i bumped it, the lights all came back. I took out the harness, adhered a little strip of duct tape on the harness to thicken it up and it fit back in the plug snugly.

All works fine, and has been working. I also made sure the harness would not back out using some more ******* engineering
The skinny part is what plugs into the back of the IP, was a very loose connection

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
25,412 Posts
Don't you love it when a plan comes together

Reactions: HN376RAR
1 - 17 of 17 Posts