Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Insurance for You Vette?

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  drbluevert 
#1 ·
Just wondering who you are using to insure Vette?
Reason...for two years I've been with NCM Insurance Agency and was very happy at first.
At first (Bobby Jo Lee) very good to communicate with and always returned my call...just got my policy for renewal and they lowered my "agreed value" by $3,000!
***What's pissing me off...I can't get a hold of anyone on the phone or get a return call!
http://www.ncminsurance.com/tag/national-corvette-museum

#4 ·
I have used Hagerty for the past 12-15 years I think. Their rates have gone up a little over the period but still reasonable if you ask me.

They are easy to get on the phone or online. Allowed me to let my then 18 year old drive the car and don't have a mileage limit.

I had a 75 totaled and they paid off quickly at the agreed upon value.

I never had issue to look elsewhere. If the prices go up too much then I will.

#5 ·
Hagerty here as well. It's 350 per year but I'm in the middle of the city, so mine might be high. When I signed up 2 years ago, there was no "agreed value," they just went by the book value. My car ended up being insured for ~2.5x what I paid for it. I've never had to claim anything, but my experience with them so far has been great.

#6 ·
I go through State Farm. We have all our insurance through them. When I got the vette, I called them and we did the "total value" type of coverage. I told them what it was probably worth now (8K), and what I figured it would be worth when I finished it (20K). They said no problem. We went with the 20K coverage, and it costs me $12/mth to have full coverage insurance on it, to include windshield replacement, towing to MY preference of location, not just the closest shop.

Couldn't be happier.

Reactions: hamerDown
#8 ·
I have Hagerty. A few years ago I insured 27 collector cars with them, now just a few left. My '71 is $231/yr. and I have a '71 Triumph motorcycle that is just $76. They also insure your regular daily driver cars and trucks. They have always tried to raise my rates to cover increased value of the collector cars but I always fight their values. Their "computer programs" say cars are going up but not if you have a Corvette!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.