Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I just wanted to ask you all something as a matter of your personal procedures. When you guys buy an after market intake, do you always port it to match your gaskets, or at least check to see if you need to match it to your gasket? I have an Edlebrock intake for a 3 duece setup that I bought new some time ago. Granted, I don't have my gaskets yet to know if the intake will need to be matched. I'm just trying to get a feel as to whether after market intakes rarely match and I should expect to need to perform some additional work on them.

Thanks.

· Banned
7,797 Posts
for me it depends. If it is my car and performance matters, then absolutely. If it is a customer's car, a family members car, a work vehicle, then no. I only do it when it will actually make a difference and outside of a performance built engine it wont.

· Registered
2,942 Posts
Gasket matching the gaskets to the intake only help if the same can be done to the cylinder heads.

If both the ports on the intake and the ports on the heads are smaller than the ports of the intake gasket, then matching one but not the other achieves nothing.

· Premium Member
9,336 Posts
how precise and consistent are intake gaskets? If you port match with one brand of gaskets and then install a different brand does that make a difference? :huh:

· Registered
3,517 Posts
My plans incorporate buying some AFR heads. Do they normally need this work done to them?
You'll have to ask AFR

I've never owned a pair

The AFR facility is close to me, and I have spoken with Tony

Best bet is to have him port them,

But like I said talk to him first

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.