8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TPI

super ram

miniram

custom stealth ram

MODIFIED SINGLE PLANE

IVE RUN ALL FIVE

the super ram and STEALTH RAM are the best choices Ive found,the heads , converter stall speed, cam, duration, displacement , compression ratio,and rear gearing your corvette has should determine your choice ,should you choose to upgrade from the stock TPI, which is a good intake in the under 4000rpm range but hopeless for max hp

·
Registered
135 Posts
maybe this is a dumb question but wouldn't you end up spending the same amount of $ for the modified Stealth Ram as you would just buying the Miniram ? which is what my first choice would be. Sorry I guess what I am asking is how much of a difference is there performance wise between the Holley and Mini ram ?

·
Super Moderator
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
wouldn't you end up spending the same amount of $ for the modified Stealth Ram as you would just buying the Miniram ?

no, the modded stealth ram costs under $800, plus a distributor from a salvage yard or even a new distributor the totals still is under $900,-$1000 and the torque range tends to be wider with the stealth ram in most engines due to both the longer runner lengths better inertial ram tuneing and the lower effective average tuned rpm range that the intakes efficient in , while both intakes tend to work wel in the 6000plus range the stealth rams longer runners tend to start building effective boost sooner

the mini ram averages $1250 plus
http://www.moreperformanceinc.com/miniram.htm

at least in all the corvettes ive worked on, and in every engine Ive tried the stealth ram intake on it tended to produce a very favorable tq curve while the engines Ive tried the mini ram on made very good hp/tq but over a narrower rpm range

1 - 3 of 3 Posts