Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
19,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Intel CEO Blasts Obama Administration, Says Anti-Business Policies Are Killing The Country

Silicon Valley leans Democratic. Based on comments made by one of the Valley's biggest hitters, that may be changing.

Intel CEO Paul Otellini got a lot off his chest at the Aspen Forum last night--with most of his frustration directed at the business-stifling policies of the Obama administration and the decline and fall of American competitiveness.

Here are some key quotes reported by CNET's Declan McCullagh:

* "Unless government policies are altered... 'the next big thing will not be invented here. Jobs will not be created here.'

* "The U.S. legal environment has become so hostile to business...that there is likely to be "an inevitable erosion and shift of wealth, much like we're seeing today in Europe--this is the bitter truth.'"

* "Not long ago...'our research centers were without peer. No country was more attractive for start-up capital... We seemed a generation ahead of the rest of the world in information technology. That simply is no longer the case.'"

* "Otellini singled out the political state of affairs in Democrat-dominated Washington, saying: 'I think this group does not understand what it takes to create jobs. And I think they're flummoxed by their experiment in Keynesian economics not working.' "

* "If our tax rate approached that of the rest of the world, corporations would have an incentive to invest here," Otellini said. But instead, it's the second highest in the industrialized world, making the United States a less attractive place to invest--and create jobs--than places in Europe and Asia that are "clamoring" for Intel's business."

· Registered
1,859 Posts
Well if the Intel CEO says that, then it has to be true. :thumbsup:

· Registered
19,496 Posts
* "Otellini singled out the political state of affairs in Democrat-dominated Washington, saying: 'I think this group does not understand what it takes to create jobs. And I think they're flummoxed by their experiment in Keynesian economics not working.' "
:rolling::rolling::rolling:

:partyon:

· Banned
12,108 Posts
"Intel chief executive Paul Otellini just appeared on the Fox Business TV Network. In the interview with Fox’s Liz Claman, he explained why Intel is buying the wireless business of Infineon for $1.4 billion and McAfee for $7.68 billion, as well as the cable modem business of Texas Instruments for an undisclosed price. The unprecedented spending spree..."

Sounds like they are doing good to me....:huh:

wait.....

lemme spy on them with my crystal ball here to get the underlying hidden agendas....

hhhhhmm.....

mmmmmmmmmmm...

yep...

Thought so...

· Registered
12,429 Posts
"During the earnings call, chief executive Paul Otellini said the industry is “nearly fully recovered.”
So what? Out of context.
The point about the Obama administration being 'flummoxed' by using Keynesian economics is quite apparent and has been for at least 19 months. :laughing:

· Registered
19,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like they are doing good to me....:huh
Maybe you should read these concerns... rather then jumping to the conclusions from the title, itself...

* "Unless government policies are altered... 'the next big thing will not be invented here. Jobs will not be created here.'

* "The U.S. legal environment has become so hostile to business...that there is likely to be "an inevitable erosion and shift of wealth, much like we're seeing today in Europe--this is the bitter truth.'"

* "Not long ago...'our research centers were without peer. No country was more attractive for start-up capital... We seemed a generation ahead of the rest of the world in information technology. That simply is no longer the case.'"

* "If our tax rate approached that of the rest of the world, corporations would have an incentive to invest here," Otellini said. But instead, it's the second highest in the industrialized world, making the United States a less attractive place to invest--and create jobs--than places in Europe and Asia that are "clamoring" for Intel's business."

"During the earnings call, chief executive Paul Otellini said the industry is “nearly fully recovered.”
Could this be due to the fact that it is one of the few industries left that Obama and the democrats have not helped or hindered ?

· Banned
12,108 Posts
Maybe you should read these concerns... rather then jumping to the conclusions from the title, itself...

Could this be due to the fact that it is one of the few industries left that Obama and the democrats have not helped or hindered ?
The rise of tech jobs for pennies in china, india and russia...

Cheap capitalist american companies outsource....Intel outsources a buttload......... you just dont read about it.
They dont want you to know.

· Registered
1,859 Posts

Cheap capitalist american companies outsource....Intel outsources a buttload......... you just dont read about it.
;) I wanted to say that, being I’m in the Technology Industry …

· Registered
19,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

You don't have to read about it... all you have to do is read the packaging. But, you just keep right on touting the benefits of union labor wages, high taxes, massive regulation, green technologies and not drilling for our own oil and gas... while you blame these big EVIL corporations for going overseas... to much friendlier countries that value corporations tax dollars and jobs --rather then bullshit unions.

Open a fooking hot-dog stand... -deliver newspapers -do something with your own blood sweat and tears so you have a better understanding of the hurdles proprietors have to jump through to make a fooking profit !!!

· Registered
1,859 Posts
You don't have to read about it... all you have to do is read the packaging. But, you just keep right on touting the benefits of union labor wages, high taxes, massive regulation, green technologies and not drilling for our own oil and gas... while you blame these big EVIL corporations for going overseas... to much friendlier countries that value corporations tax dollars and jobs --rather then bullshit unions.

Open a fooking hot-dog stand... -deliver newspapers -do something with your own blood sweat and tears so you have a better understanding of the hurdles proprietors have to jump through to make a fooking profit !!!
What Chamber of Commerce do you belong to?

· Registered
25,310 Posts

This one statement alone makes Otellini's statements worthwhile. Everyone complains about outsourcing, but tax load does factor in to the decision on where to invest. The U.S. is one of the highest, so it shouldn't be a surprise that many international companies simply build and hire elsewhere. The simple fact is that Dems hate profit and they hate business. Their brains can't seem to think past that hate to realize that profit and business create jobs. Punish profit and business ----> you punish jobs.

· Banned
12,108 Posts

where did I mention unions here?:huh:

· Registered
12,429 Posts
;) I wanted to say that, being I’m in the Technology Industry …
Hmmm... Could that why the term 'dumbing down' was introduced a few years ago? :laughing:

· Banned
12,108 Posts

This one statement alone makes Otellini's statements worthwhile. Everyone complains about outsourcing, but tax load does factor in to the decision on where to invest. The U.S. is one of the highest, so it shouldn't be a surprise that many international companies simply build and hire elsewhere. The simple fact is that Dems hate profit and they hate business. Their brains can't seem to think past that hate to realize that profit and business create jobs. Punish profit and business ----> you punish jobs.

Outsourcing expanded during the most robust recent time of our economy......the same time that had higher taxes, during that robust economy.

As long as there's cheaper labor overseas....that's where money will go. That's where jobs will expand.

There's no way............NO WAY......... we will be able to reduce our taxes enough for companies, or people.....enough to combat outsourcing and investment overseas.
It's just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooo DIRT CHEAP......

........with expanding economies overseas.

While our cost of living here is waaaaaaaaaaay too high, and so is our infastructure.

Even if you ditched half our govt, reduced our taxes by half...
Had no increased unemployment from doing it, and reduced our cost of living here........

.........we still have a contracting economy,.....we still have less jobs than population.......

and will still be cheaper to send work overseas, and invest in a growing economy there.

· Registered
19,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
where did I mention unions here?:huh:

Past conversations ? Many- many, conversations. Or did you just want to talk about this as a complete and separate without regard to your entire ideology -as reason for failure in other sectors ?

· Registered
12,429 Posts
Outsourcing expanded during the most robust recent time of our economy......the same time that had higher taxes, during that robust economy.
It's not the taxes that caused the exodus, it was the cost of doing business.
If my taxes (part of expenses) are 40% before payroll, how do I lessen my overhead to meet my expenses?
As long as there's cheaper labor overseas....that's where money will go. That's where jobs will expand.
The money will to where it can be recouped the best, i.e. retrun on investment. Lower the cost of doing business and incentivse the return on investment, and they will come.
There's no way............NO WAY......... we will be able to reduce our taxes enough for companies, or people.....enough to combat outsourcing and investment overseas.
It's just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooo DIRT CHEAP......

........with expanding economies overseas.
you may be right, for now... but if those measures as I've stated above are implemented, and as you say the 'expanding economies', therefore higher labor costs equalize the cost to do business will switch in our favor.
While our cost of living here is waaaaaaaaaaay too high, and so is our infastructure.
The cost of maintaining the infrastructure is due to that cost being dictated by government run unionized labor that is paid twice the rate of private industry that could do the same job better, and in a much more cost effective way.
Even if you ditched half our govt, reduced our taxes by half...
Had no increased unemployment from doing it, and reduced our cost of living here........
If you reduced taxes by half, you would see a boom in hiring, industry, consumer confidence, and an economy that would flourish, at the same time funneling trillions more into the deficit. Along with a government that is paired down to a limited size therefore eliminating trillions from it's operating costs, we would pull out. It's been proven.
.........we still have a contracting economy,.....we still have less jobs than population.......
Yes, now we do. Because of the crushing and impending tax load, and uncertainty that will have on any business as it attempts to ascertain the cost of doing businees in the future.

and will still be cheaper to send work overseas, and invest in a growing economy there.
Not if you do what I sadi 3 or 4 times above.

· Banned
12,108 Posts
It's not the taxes that caused the exodus, it was the cost of doing business.
If my taxes (part of expenses) are 40% before payroll, how do I lessen my overhead to meet my expenses?

The money will to where it can be recouped the best, i.e. retrun on investment. Lower the cost of doing business and incentivse the return on investment, and they will come.

you may be right, for now... but if those measures as I've stated above are implemented, and as you say the 'expanding economies', therefore higher labor costs equalize the cost to do business will switch in our favor.

The cost of maintaining the infrastructure is due to that cost being dictated by government run unionized labor that is paid twice the rate of private industry that could do the same job better, and in a much more cost effective way.

If you reduced taxes by half, you would see a boom in hiring, industry, consumer confidence, and an economy that would flourish, at the same time funneling trillions more into the deficit. Along with a government that is paired down to a limited size therefore eliminating trillions from it's operating costs, we would pull out. It's been proven.

Yes, now we do. Because of the crushing and impending tax load, and uncertainty that will have on any business as it attempts to ascertain the cost of doing businees in the future.

Not if you do what I sadi 3 or 4 times above.
I agree with some of this in regards to the possibility that it may help us 50 years down the road....but other than that...

Money will go where the economies are expanding.....and that's not us.

If there's no market here, they can reduce the cost of doing business here down to zero...........but if there's no sales or market, there will continue to be no jobs, consumer confidence, corp confidence, or economic growth.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.