Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one question how hot does it get inside your vette when you have a black convertible with black leather seats the reason i am asking because i found one for sale but kind of nervous if i put the top down am i going to roast inside may sound like a stupid question but i figured i give it a shot for an answer

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any black with black out there can you answer the question this question primarily goes for your vettes

·
Registered
956 Posts
I don't have a convertible , but I have a coupe with a black interior. I usually don't take the targa top off during the day once it gets over 90 degrees here because the sun heats the interior up too much.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I have a Spiral Gray C5 verte with black interior. I live in Florida and it gets very hot during summer driving. Especially the center armrest. I usually have to place a white hand towel over the center armrest to keep my arms from getting cooked. Plus the black interior absorbs the sunlight vs. reflecting it so lesson learned. (I bought the car in Chicago and then moved). Next verte will have light interior.

However - the black interior matched with the Spiral Gray Metallic exterior looks killer! :partyon:

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have a targa top and it can get really hot inside especially when its sitting with the windows up. I got so hot inside my car not too long ago that it melted the glue that held the metal piece on my shift knob and it fell off.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
it gets EXTREMLY hot with the top down sitting in the sun for 20 minutes and thats with tan interior:thud:

i cant imagine it getting any hotter

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your responses guys i will definetely take that in mind when i will be purchasing my convertible :thumbsup:

·
Registered
259 Posts
You know what? Yes I have a Black coupe with Black interior and yes like any leather it gets hot in the summer and yes if you leave the windows up in your Vette it'll get hotter, but except for clothe seats any car can get super hot inside if you leave the windows up or down.....everything gets hot in high heat, but the point is Black is beautiful and I luv mine I don't care if it does get hot!! When my car is clean, which is everyday I drive it, it is beautiful, I get compliments all day long!! It's worth it..........

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Studies have shown that black does not get any hotter than the other colors of the spectrum.
My Vette is black on black with some more black thrown in for good measure :D And I live on the surface of the sun, it's a daily driver :devil:

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am a fan of black and black i didnt mean to start any kind of arguments i was just asking for my own knowledge

·
Registered
259 Posts
I am a fan of black and black i didnt mean to start any kind of arguments i was just asking for my own knowledge
no arguements here just puttin in my two cents to help you out on your decision and tellin you about my experiance from the last 4 and a half years.

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
no arguements here just puttin in my two cents to help you out on your decision and tellin you about my experiance from the last 4 and a half years.
No you weren't. You're trying to start with me again aren't You?????

Just kidding :smack

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
I live in Florida and have a tan top with oak interior it gets hot but I just roll down the windows for a few blocks and crank up the ac. No matter what interior and top you have verts always are hotter once you first get in. But Corvettes cool off quickly. I have a red on red 66 also that is hot because of the large glass back window but again once i crank up the ac it cools down. It is harder to stay cool that the 04 vert and 93 coupe

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a Spiral Gray C5 verte with black interior. I live in Florida and it gets very hot during summer driving. Especially the center armrest. I usually have to place a white hand towel over the center armrest to keep my arms from getting cooked. Plus the black interior absorbs the sunlight vs. reflecting it so lesson learned. (I bought the car in Chicago and then moved). Next verte will have light interior.

However - the black interior matched with the Spiral Gray Metallic exterior looks killer! :partyon:
Spiral Gray coupe here w/ ebony interior, yeah it gets hot here in Oklahoma so once the temps get above 90 i usually dont take the roof off i just use air. Also i have a C5 sunshade that fits nicely in the window when parked and i crack the windows. I know you were primarily asking about a vert, so im sure that would get even hotter. I alwasy looked at it like the roof comes off in the morning or in the evening but in the heat of the day i normally leave it on and use the AC once summer hits.

·
Registered
182 Posts
If you have the top down in the sun, flip the seats forward and lock them in place.
Keeps the seat faces shaded.

Much cooler when you get back in the car :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts