Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha gang,
I have an all black interior. Im going to set it up like the picture below. I might do the center console section gray as well. Done that before. My question is about the dash lower panels, and lower door panels. Anyone ever by sheets of leather and wrap/glue and staple the leather to those panels mentioned? Any tips? Thats what i plan to do. The upper dash and upper doors, i just installed the nice burlwood kit. I didnt use all the pieces though, just the accent pieces.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,545 Posts
That makes a great looking interior Todd. The bolsters shouldn't be hard to cover. It'll probably take longer to get them out than it will to cover them:laughing: Are you going to use real leather of one of the newer type vinyls that look like leather? The vinyl would probably work easier in the curvy areas. Even on the new cars that have leather interiors still use some vinyl in them

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
I did mine in a Carbon Fiber Leather to match the rest of my VE Interior...

Lower doors were the only tricky part. Had to separate the lower/upper panel by melting the rivets with a soldering iron and them remelting them back together. Some people "glue" them back together, but I only used heat.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That makes a great looking interior Todd. The bolsters shouldn't be hard to cover. It'll probably take longer to get them out than it will to cover them:laughing: Are you going to use real leather of one of the newer type vinyls that look like leather? The vinyl would probably work easier in the curvy areas. Even on the new cars that have leather interiors still use some vinyl in them
I would like to do it in real leather, i'll just have to check out all the fabrics when i get to the store. I black interior looks ok, mines in perfect shape, but would just like some contrast, so a 2 tone looks good. How have you been?

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did mine in a Carbon Fiber Leather to match the rest of my VE Interior...

Lower doors were the only tricky part. Had to separate the lower/upper panel by melting the rivets with a soldering iron and them remelting them back together. Some people "glue" them back together, but I only used heat.
Nice, i would like to do some carbon fiber, especially my side mirrors. Did you carbon/leather come in sheets? Or was it prefabed for the specific parts?
The door panel removal was going to be my next question.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Nice, i would like to do some carbon fiber, especially my side mirrors. Did you carbon/leather come in sheets? Or was it prefabed for the specific parts?
The door panel removal was going to be my next question.
The CF Leather is "real leather" therefore you buy it by the "hide" - at least I did - so it is an irregular shape. They have CF Vinyl that comes in rolls and sheets. The CF Leather I used was from Indonesia and is no longer available, but there are other more traditional CF Pattern leathers available from various vendors online.

Nothing was Pre-fabbed. However, certain parts like the pull handles were sewn-up by VetteEssentials in-house.

For door panel removal instructions see the VetteEssential web site for detailed instructions.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kool.... Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts