Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I was heading home with the ac on and half way home the fan stopped blowing. I thought it must have been a fuse but none were blown. Has anyone else had a similar problem? I can still hear the ac kick on it's just the blower motor isn't blowing.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
217 Posts
The other day I was heading home with the ac on and half way home the fan stopped blowing. I thought it must have been a fuse but none were blown. Has anyone else had a similar problem? I can still hear the ac kick on it's just the blower motor isn't blowing.

Any suggestions?
The blower motor could have died on you, If all the fuses are good that would be my bet. I think I recall the blower motor being in the dash and it wasnt very easy to get out.

·
Registered
161 Posts
When I first got my Vette my blower was not working. There is a way to test it. Get a piece Of wire and put one end on the blower motor and ground the other end the blower should run full power if it's ok!

If the blower does not run it knackered as it's live all the time. If it runs there is a climate control module behind the blower or a resistor depending on wether you have duel climate control or not. When this blows the heater blower fan stops working.

The resisistor is cheaper to replace only about $22 the CC control module is $85 but other cars cc modules can be used I got a cheap one on Ebay for $24.

Let me know if you need part numbers for the CC module or the resistor as I have them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ thanks, I think I get what you're saying... I'll check it out tonight and let you know if I have any questions.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another question, how do I get to the blower motor (e.g. is it on the drivers or passengers side and what interior pieces do I need to take off to access it).

Thanks for any and all help

·
Registered
161 Posts
Under the glovebox there is a panel that has 2 push in plastic plugs at the front pry these out. Pry your footwell light out and pass it back up through the hole and let it hang there. You should be able to see the blower motor now. The CC module or the resistor is behind the blower to the righthand side.

Put a piece of wire on the outside of the blower motor metal casing and ground the other end. The motor should run full power if it's ok. From memory I don't think you need the ignition on as it's live all the time!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help 97vman. It ended up being the blower motor that was shot.

BlownZ:
It wasn't to difficult to replace but it did give me a sore back from trying to squeeze into the foot well.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Your welcome!

That's what these MBs are all about there is always someone who's had the same problem and knows a solution. It's like a load of car mechanics at your fingertips. That's how I found out about my blower problem! Great isn't it! :thumbsup:

I had the sore back thing replacing the CC control module! :laughing:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts