Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so when i open the driver door on my C5 02 base model, no lights come on. Passenger side is good. Looking for the switch. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok so when i open the driver door on my C5 02 base model, no lights come on. Passenger side is good. Looking for the switch. Thanks.
[/QUOTE]
I never had this problem on my 2000 C5, but I have had other problems with the electronics in my drivers door. I ended up tracing the problem down to the door control module in the door. Now my problem was with the door locks, but I to believe the module controls the lights when the door is open and closed. There are a number of relays on the mother board and when you look at them you will probably find there are burn spots on the relay ends. The module is easy to get at and remove. You can find used ones on Ebay or if you like to play with a soldering iron, the replacement relays can be picked for a few dollars. Soldering is a little tricky because they have a water proof coating on the mother board. I ended up replacing 3 relays for $5. I found some great help with this on Youtube.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts