Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was always a Trans Am man before the vette bug bit me and I have to admit I was a little let down by the interiors in the C3s
more so with the 78+ ... the Trans Am had screaming chicken logos ..turned aluminum look to the dash and all around more comfort ...i guess i expected more out of the 78 interior on a corvette:huh:

...so heres the beginning of my attempt to get a little more out of it with what could have ..or should have been factory without going over the top ..brutal honesty is always appreciated!:thumbsup:

ps first attempt to upload photos ..may not go well :laughing:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,901 Posts
For a beginning attempt you've got it right. Two thumbs up :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its supposed to mimmic carbon fiber its called di-noc its a vinyl with adhesive backing.easy to trim and sticks good if the surface is clean.theres several versions /colors with slightly different texture size

personally it doesnt strike me as a carbon fiber look alike ..at least not what i would picture CF on an interior to look like but its grown on me .
i liked this one best ..i just couldnt find a console trim kit i liked so i went old school and made my own i guess

·
Registered
89 Posts
Greetings from Long Branch NJ,Americas first seashore resort and 7 time US summer capital....looks pretty good....can you get it locally or do you have to order the product on the web?
Lee

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
I like it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This stuff is available from several places on the web cheapest I found was metro restyling its only around 3 or 4 bucks a sq foot.you can order it in really wide pieces as well ..they show some videos of people doing entire car exteriors in this stuff .For a couple dollars you can have them send a envelope full of sample materials out ..i tried all kinds of stuff some looked really bad cheap some really good.

Im going to do my seat backs as well ,mine are looking worn out with nicks and a minor cracks but for maybe 10 bucks a piece I can cover them and they will match.
The vinyl is just rigid enough that it covers alot of blemishes..I just covered over the fake screw holes around the gauges rather than trim them out and you cant see any sign they are under there.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I think it looks great :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Well, you asked for honesty...........:surprised............and to be brutal, so, here goes..........................
I think it looks BAD ASS AWESOME:thumbsup:

:D

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Really looks great :thumbsup: May have to use this ideal need more details on how you got in in perfect alignment. Did you stick it on and then cut around everything or did you cut pieces and apply them?:surprised Fill us in please!

Heres a link to Metro Restyling
http://www.metrorestyling.com/

·
Registered
53 Posts
Awesome Dude. I LOVE it. :partyon:
I did my door inserts with stick on stuff
(Looks OK - better than those crappy woodgrain inserts).
Keep up the GOOD work, Ill be watching:excited:
Time to head off to a carshow,
CHEERS,
Gav

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Really looks great :thumbsup: May have to use this ideal need more details on how you got in in perfect alignment. Did you stick it on and then cut around everything or did you cut pieces and apply them?:surprised Fill us in please!

Heres a link to Metro Restyling
http://www.metrorestyling.com/
the stuff is very thin think rubber wall paper lol.
i just used a big enough piece to cover what i wanted to do and cut out the holes with a hobby knife then squeegee it down tight into the corners and trim it with the knife. the shifter plaque is made a seperate insert so the shift pattern insert would be flush and not stick up ..its out of a late 50s vette.
this stuff is real forgiving you can peel it back and reapply if need be, doesnt tear easy or crease like some of the samples that had foil content in the material

1 - 20 of 25 Posts