Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used Vette Essentials for C5 interior mods. They have some great photos on their website, however I understand you need to install yourself of have a pro mod shop do it for you.

Secondly, in checking their mod color choice, I don't see a match for Spiral Gray, just Pewter.

I am thinking about modding my all black interior to add some color and I like the ideas presented, however would love to know if we have any member references.

Thanks!

·
Registered
622 Posts
I've installed most of the interior pieces from Vette Essentials and would highly recommend them. A few of the pieces are tricky to install (especially the seat covers) but the instructions available on their website are well-done and will get you through.

Check out my photos for some shots of their shifter-boot, e-brake boot, and door handles installed in my Z.

Good luck! :partyon:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've installed most of the interior pieces from Vette Essentials and would highly recommend them. A few of the pieces are tricky to install (especially the seat covers) but the instructions available on their website are well-done and will get you through.

Check out my photos for some shots of their shifter-boot, e-brake boot, and door handles installed in my Z.

Good luck! :partyon:
Thanks. Where did you get the lower door panels and the panel under the glove box? I would like to change those areas from black to gray in my car.

·
Registered
151 Posts
VE has been around for years and has excellent products. If I were looking to bling up my interior that's where I would go.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Thanks. Where did you get the lower door panels and the panel under the glove box? I would like to change those areas from black to gray in my car.
I had to have those custom dyed to match the millenium yellow exterior. I took it to a local interior customizer in the Dallas area and they were able to dye all the parts in a day...for a reasonable price as well :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have purchased almost the full Vette Essentials interior. Seats are all I have to go. Quality of their items top notch. Matt and Sandy do excellent work and their customer service is second to none! You won't be dissapointed if you purchase from VE! :thumbsup:

·
Mo-Fo
7,509 Posts
Stuff I've gotten from them is exceptional. You might want to hurry up and get your order in before Carlisle, because after that, they'll be so damn busy it'll be a year till you get it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had to have those custom dyed to match the millenium yellow exterior. I took it to a local interior customizer in the Dallas area and they were able to dye all the parts in a day...for a reasonable price as well :thumbsup:
Wow. I never heard of anyone doing that before. They dyed the trim from black to yellow? I wonder if I can purchase the lower trim directly from GM in gray? I know that some Medium Spiral Gray vettes had gray interior stock. Maybe I can mix/match?!

·
Registered
2 Posts
corvette essentials is the best for interior work I bought my car from the owner my whole interior is done from them and I mean everything I get compliments on it all the time. it is done in black yellow and black carbon fiber leather and is by far the best interior work I have seen, but you can be the judge

·
Registered
622 Posts
Wow. I never heard of anyone doing that before. They dyed the trim from black to yellow? I wonder if I can purchase the lower trim directly from GM in gray? I know that some Medium Spiral Gray vettes had gray interior stock. Maybe I can mix/match?!
I would think you could get the replacement parts (door panels, glove box lid, etc.) directly from GM. I decided to dye my originals because I wanted them to be millenium yellow, which wasn't offered from GM.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
corvette essentials is the best for interior work I bought my car from the owner my whole interior is done from them and I mean everything I get compliments on it all the time. it is done in black yellow and black carbon fiber leather and is by far the best interior work I have seen, but you can be the judge
Wow! :surprised That is sweet!

I will probably work something similar. Instead of yellow trim, mine will be gray. I am also considering red, however I would like to keep it black/gray to match the exterior.

I also saw their new carbon fiber dash and console offers. Are you happy with those trim pieces?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow! :surprised That is sweet!

I will probably work something similar. Instead of yellow trim, mine will be gray. I am also considering red, however I would like to keep it black/gray to match the exterior.

I also saw their new carbon fiber dash and console offers. Are you happy with those trim pieces?
yes, anything they do is top notch I also have a full under hood kit they installed as well. not only are there products great they are very good people as well. I would get a hold of them as soon as you can because they do get really busy

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have to throw in my vote for VE as well. I have the full setup from them (including sun visors!) and the craftsmanship is second to none, service is excellent, and you wont find better people. They will work with you on every aspect of your purchase, If you want a color you dont see, I would call and ask them about it. They may be able to come up with something for you.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Caravaggio

·
Registered
67 Posts

I did mine myself, covered the seats and even switched the steering wheel.
I thought when I was covering the seats that I would one at a time to make sure they were going back together right. When changing the steering wheel I had to order special arms to reach down in the wheel to remove it.
I bought the door panels new from GM. I figured if I scewed up I would get someone to help me ,but it turned out alright.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have to throw in my vote for VE as well. I have the full setup from them (including sun visors!) and the craftsmanship is second to none, service is excellent, and you wont find better people. They will work with you on every aspect of your purchase, If you want a color you dont see, I would call and ask them about it. They may be able to come up with something for you.
Thanks! What kind of mod do they have for the sun visors? Do you have any pictures.

Also, I saw a picture of an aftermarket C6 steering wheel that had a flat bottom. Has anyone seen a similar steering wheel mod for a C5?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Probably one of my pics. Wheel is by Caravaggio, not just flat on bottom, but thumb grips cast in. No one has done this to a C5 wheel that I'm aware of , it needs to be a three spoke to work!

Also, I saw a picture of an aftermarket C6 steering wheel that had a flat bottom. Has anyone seen a similar steering wheel mod for a C5?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks! What kind of mod do they have for the sun visors? Do you have any pictures.

When did mine they said it wasnt something that they advertised due to lack of interest, but they can do it. Mineare just recovered in black leather with cntrasting red stitcing. Yo could do different material like alcantra (suede) or different olor combiations with the differentpanels, whateeryou want really. Just ask them and the will work with you on it. Ill try and gt some pictures of mine to post up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts