Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys, first time on the boards.anyway my dad is in the market for a new car.he already owns a tahoe and is looking for a fun car to have next to the big suv. hes looking into maybe getting a new corvette , neither of us have ever sat in one so we dont know what the interior is like, so my question is, my dad is a solid guy 6'2-6'3/ 250, is the interior on the corvette big enough to be comfortable while driving?i kno someone will wanna say just go sit in one and find out,but hes not going to be able to go to the dealership untiil the thursday after next and we were just looking for some input, so any input wouldbe appreciated./.......peace

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Welcome aboard here!
I am 6'2 and depending on time of day or day of week....220-225
I like to think I fit fine and am comfortable in my 03 vert. Two probs I have are lack of storage (immediate with in reach) for maps, wallet, glasses. The console in the middle isn't enough and the "glove box" is too far. I would like to have "map" pockets of some sort in the doors. The other problem is mine only, not tha car's...my bones don't move like they used too, arthritis, so at times I am physically comfortable but in pain.

Another member here is Truck Guy, I think he may be taller than me and he is fine in his 02 vert.

Your dad will more than likely need the sport seats, don't settle on a car with base seats. As a matter of fact at his size, I really suggest the 1sb package which should include sport seats, heads up display and I think tilt/telescopic wheel.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm 5'11" and about 200 lbs. and have never had any problem in my 93 or 01 Convertibles. I mean---you have adjustable seat, mirrors, steering wheel.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,409 Posts
6'1" 245-250. No problem with the C5. Easy in an out.(it would probably be easier if I was a little younger) plenty of leg roon. With the A4 I can stretch my legs out and still not hit the firewall. Plenty of head room even with a cap on.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am 5'11" and about 200 lbs. I have had 5 corvettes and have never had a problem fitting into them.. My 01 has adjustable mirrors, seat, and steering so I don't think there would be a problem.

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
I'm 6' 1" @ 230lbs and getting in and out of the C4 is cake but the headroom is at a premium. I had to take out the headliner b/c I was smashing it with a helmet on. The C5 has much more leg and headroom than my '87.

Welcome aboard :buhbye:

and I hope you find what your looking for. :cheers:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Like War Machine, I'm 6'2" @230 and gettin in is no problem. The problem I have, probably like everyone here, is once I'm in I don't want to get back out!
:D

B

·
0 Posts
6'3" 290lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal and I have not a problem in the world with my Z06. In fact, it is the most comfortable sports car I have ever owned.

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
96North said:
Like War Machine, I'm 6'2" @230 and gettin in is no problem. The problem I have, probably like everyone here, is once I'm in I don't want to get back out!
:D
:laughing: :laughing: :thumbsup:

BIG LAW MAN said:
6'3" 290lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal and I have not a problem in the world with my Z06. In fact, it is the most comfortable sports car I have ever owned.
:partyon: VERY COMFY! The 2002 Z06 seats are like Caddy bench seats compared to my 87 standard seats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts