Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my interior color combo.

I am making some minor changes to the dash and will be refinishing the Radio and shifter bezel ( I almost have all the rubberized crap off)

What color would you paint those 2 pieces?

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
84 GRANDSPORT said:
I would redo them factory color (they sell the spray in a can in Ecklers) or get a Carbon Fiber overlay.:thumbsup:
I am not that big on Carbon Fiber looks.

I was thinking the same on the Factory color, but not the Rubberized Crap

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I was thinking body color but, white may look too funky. Maybe an Aluminum look would be cool, or...

Metalcast

:laughing: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
What/how did you do to get the rubberized coating off of the panels? My shifter area and door arm rest show signs of wear and I need to do something.

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BubbleHead said:
What/how did you do to get the rubberized coating off of the panels? My shifter area and door arm rest show signs of wear and I need to do something.
Brake fluid gets it lossened, then you need to peel it off, if some of the adhesive is left behind, Brake cleaner will remove that

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
That aluminum paint is great. It makes anything look like aluminum. Just clean and paint like you would metal.

BTW is that an 89?..no wait it's a 91...96???:D J/K

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I'd do it in a satin black personally. Unless you hang out around import guys. Then maybe a nice bright yellow. Side view mirrors to match of course. lol. Actually, I've heard that if you do it in flat black then give it a few coats of satin clear it looks pretty close to factory. I did the pieces in my 84 in satin black and overcoated them with satin clear. It's a little shinier than stock, but it looks pretty good nonetheless. Most of my plastic is soaked in 20 years of Armorall anyways, so it all matches.

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
I'd redo it either factory color or a matte black.

Jeff, I just noticed you mounted your 5 1/4 speakers in the door panels, how'd did you mount them? I was going to try (never built one) to build a box to mount my new speaks in the stock location but the imaging has to be better where you mounted them. Shoot me an e-mail when you get a sec...

Joe

1 - 17 of 17 Posts